Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Evaluation Team Leader for an anticipated two (2) year evaluation of the Department of State’s (DOS) Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) National Security Language Initiative for Youth (NSLI-Y). The position will be based in Washington, DC, with occasional domestic and international travel (20-30%). The contract will run from October 1, 2018 – September 30, 2020 and candidates must be available throughout this duration. This is a consultant position. This position is contingent upon task order award.
- Lead the design and implementation of all evaluation activities, including the evaluation plan, research design, data collection instruments and administration, reporting, domestic and international field work, data analysis, draft and final evaluation report, and briefing(s) to DOS and other stakeholders
- Manage remote overseas data collection
- Oversee quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, executed in collaboration with other team members
- Produce high-quality deliverables, integrating and interpreting qualitative and quantitative findings
- Ensure quality control methods in a consistent and transparent manner for all contracted tasks and functions. Ensure compliance with DOS rules, regulations and policies while meeting evaluation targets
- Serve as the primary liaison with the client, DOS
- Travel domestically and internationally, as needed (approximately 20-30%). Cities and countries may include: San Francisco, Denver, Atlanta, New York, Chicago, China, Morocco, India, Russia, Tajikistan, and Turkey
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience OR a Master’s/JD and a minimum 5 years of experience OR a PhD and a minimum 4 years of experience in a relevant field (Data Analysis, Statistics, Organizational Development, International Development, Public Administration, Public Policy)
- Must have served as a Team Leader in the past (preferably with a USG agency and ideally with cultural exchange programs)
- Subject expertise in and/or experience evaluating one or more of the following areas: youth, educational exchanges, and/or cultural exchanges
- Demonstrable experience designing, implementing, conducting, and managing mixed methods data collection and analysis efforts
- Skilled in field data collection, including remote overseas data collection
- Familiarity with DOS ECA’s objectives, approaches, and operations, and familiarity with DOS’ Evaluation Policy highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience supervising and successfully managing evaluation teams, and ensuring the quality of their products
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Professional fluency in English
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.