ME&A is in search of an Evaluation Team Leader for the Mid-Term Performance Evaluation of the USAID Regional Trilateral Cooperation Activity in Central America and Mexico (CAM).
The purpose of this Mid-Term Performance Evaluation is to inform USAID/CAM on: 1) the efficiency of resources used under this mechanism, 2) the level of leverage achieved and partnerships built, and 3) how the transfer of knowledge and technology is being applied in the recipient countries, which are El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, and Mexico. In addition, the evaluation will serve to provide empirical evidence on management issues and will document learning and continuous improvement. Mission will use the findings and recommendations of this evaluation to make decisions on how to exercise the option period of the activity and inform the potential design of future trilateral cooperation mechanisms.
The Evaluation Team Leader will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all activities related to this performance evaluation and for ensuring the production and completion of quality deliverables in a professional manner, in conformance with the Scope of Work.
- Master’s degree in fields such as International Relations, Political Sciences, Public Administration, Economics, or other fields related to international development is required. Ph.D. or doctorate degree or professional with Doctoral candidacy is a plus.
- Formal training in monitoring and evaluation is a plus.
-Language proficiency: American English Level IV and Spanish Level IV.
- At least five years of relevant prior experience conducting rigorous external evaluations using both quantitative and qualitative methods for development objectives and monitoring projects and programs overseas, preferably in Latin America.
- Knowledge and detailed understanding of Central America’s economic, social, cultural and political characteristics and its development environment is necessary.
- Working experience in Central America is a plus. At least eight years of project management experience in development is required.
- Experience with management of multidisciplinary teams is a plus. Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches, operations, and policies, particularly as they relate to evaluations is a plus.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
Only selected candidates will be called for an interview. ME&A Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment based on race, age, color, religion, sex and sexual preference, national origin, individual with disabilities, veteran status. ME&A is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all applicants.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.