Job Title: Evaluation Team Leader
Location: Europe, Eurasia, and Central Asia
Reports To: Project Director
Type: Short-term Consultancy
Overview: IBTCI is seeking an Evaluation Team Leader for a performance evaluation of two projects focusing on trade in Europe, Eurasia, and Central Asia: (1) the Commercial Law Development Program (CLDP) and (2) the Special American Business Internship Program (SABIT). Both projects are being managed by the U.S. Department of Commerce, though the evaluation is being carried out by the U.S. Department of State, Office of the Coordinator of Assistance to Europe, Eurasia and Central Asia. The Team Leader must be an expert in performance evaluations and project design. The period of performance is six months, expected to begin in mid-October 2019 and go through mid-March 2020 with approximately 60 to 70 days of level of effort. This position is contingent upon award.
Scope of Work:
- Serve as Team Leader and provide overall guidance to the evaluation team across both programs and multiple countries, overseas and in the US;
- Lead the design of the evaluation, as well as development and testing of data collection instruments,
- Lead data collection analysis efforts and presentation of findings;
- Lead drafting of all reports and deliverables;
- Participate in all meetings and data collection efforts, including meetings with donors and implementers, and interviews/key informant interviews/focus group discussions with program beneficiaries and training providers, etc.
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to stakeholders;
- Plan and lead the workshop at the conclusion of the evaluation.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Agriculture & Food Security, Economic Growth, Education & the Environment.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Russian language proficiency;
- 8+ years of international experience in post-Soviet Union countries;
- Gender analysis skills;
- Experience working on State Department and/or Department of Commerce evaluations is highly preferred.
- 8+ years in evaluation methods, data collection and project design;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English are required.
Education: Master’s degree in Global Affairs, International Development, Monitoring and Evaluation or related fields is required. PhD preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory requirements.
Travel: Travel in and around Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Ukraine, or Uzbekistan will be required.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.