Job DescriptionAbout Us
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an Evaluation Team Leader to lead an evaluation of the Department of State’s (DOS) Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) Academy for Women Entrepreneurs Program (AWE).
In support of the White House-led Women’s Global Development and Prosperity (W-GDP) Initiative, the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) established the Academy for Women Entrepreneurs (AWE) in 2019. AWE provides women entrepreneurs with the skills, resources, and networks needed to start and scale successful businesses.
The purpose of this evaluation is to determine how successful AWE is in meeting program aims. This evaluation will assess the impact of AWE on program alumnae and their businesses, determine if and how AWE furthers networks between participants and other ECA alumni, and identify best practices and lessons learned for future cohorts of the program. The evaluation will provide evidence to inform programmatic decision-making to ECA’s Public Private Partnerships (P3) Unit. Evaluation results, analysis, and recommendations may be shared with participating U.S. Embassies and Consulates, as well as local implementing partners.
This position is based in Washington, D.C. or remotely in the U.S., with potential travel to Washington, D.C. and/or international field travel to targeted regions and domestic locations of interest. This is a consultant position contingent upon contract award. The anticipated period of performance is August 2020 – February 2021.
- Lead the design and implementation of all evaluation activities including the evaluation design, mixed-method data collection and analysis, case study selection and development, report writing, and presentations.
- Manage all aspects of the evaluation process including virtual and in-person data collections through surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Oversee and manage an evaluation team comprised of research assistant(s), evaluation specialist(s), local consultant(s)/enumerator(s), and/or subject matter expert(s).
- Serve as the primary liaison with the client and proactively collaborate and communication with stakeholders in ECA and the P3 unit,
- Ensure quality of all tasks, functions, and deliverables while ensuring compliance with DOS rules and regulations.
- Plan and produce, in collaboration with the evaluation team and client, data products to promote the program, socialize evaluation findings, including infographics, one-pagers, and highlighting key findings.
- Master’s degree and at least 10 years of experience, OR a bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years of experience.
- Experience serving as a team leader on an evaluation or assessment, preferably with a USG agency and ideally with women’s economic empowerment programs and programs with a virtual/blended training component.
- Familiarity with international public diplomacy programs, specifically those pertaining to women’s economic empowerment
- Relevant prior experience in Latin America and the Caribbean and/or Africa, especially fieldwork or virtual data collection experience.
- Ability to manage a team effectively and efficiently, including remote/oversees data collectors and survey enumerators.
- Excellent communication, technical writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Detail orientated with excellent interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills.
- Flexible and readily adaptable to change, including changes in processes, requirements, and priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.