IBTCI is seeking a Team Leader/REDD Specialist Expert for the Final Evaluation of USAID’s Protecting Ecosystems and Restoring Forests in Malawi (PERFORM) project. The Team Leader will provide overall leadership for the team, and s/he will finalize the evaluation design, coordinate activities, arrange periodic meetings, consolidate individual input from team members, and coordinate the process of assembling the final findings and recommendations into a high-quality document. S/he will lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID/Malawi team and other major partners. A report will be drafted and approved by USAID as the final deliverable. The evaluation is expected to begin on/about March 21st to mid-May (9 weeks).
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
Tasks for the position could include, but not be limited to:
- Assessing the effectiveness of project implementation according to the M&E plan, while addressing the evaluation questions;
- Provide technical leadership with respect to GHG emissions/inventories and REDD+ policy implementation at both the national and local level;
- Provide technical leadership on the evaluation question concerning USAID’s strategic options for future Natural Resource Management (NRM) programming in Malawi;
- Provide overall leadership for the team;
- Finalize the evaluation design, coordinate activities, arrange periodic meetings, consolidate individual input from team members, and coordinate the process of assembling the final findings and recommendations into a high quality document; and
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID /Malawi team and other major partners.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant experience in Malawi or Eastern/Southern Africa preferred;
- Extensive experience in conducting evaluations;
- Experience in international donor development program management and overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously is preferred; and
- Should be experienced in preparing documents that are objective, evidence-based, and well organized.
- Must have at least 10 years of international experience including leading evaluation teams, ideally for NRM projects.
- Relevant experience in Malawi or Eastern/Southern Africa preferred.
- Must be familiar with USAID regulations and systems including performance monitoring, gender policies and guidance, project management, budgeting and financial analysis, and reporting;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English are required.
Education: S/he should have a postgraduate degree in an appropriate field, with a
Working Environment: Corporate office environment as well as field work.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Travel: Travel to Malawi required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.