IBTCI seeks candidates for Team Leader of an evaluation of a democracy and governance program in Somalia that provides assistance to help build electoral systems, strengthen civil society, and encourage civic participation in Somalia with a particular focus on women, youth, and other marginalized groups. This position is based in Kenya with travel to Somalia and the duration of the consultancy is TBD. This position is contingent upon award.
Scope of Work:
Using your experience and subject matter skills, the Consultant will perform the following tasks. Tasks could include but not be limited to:
- Supervise the other evaluation team members and ensure that high quality products are delivered in a timely manner;
- Finalize the evaluation design and develop a work plan and tools for the evaluation;
- Write a high quality evaluation report with clearly stated, well-grounded findings, corresponding conclusions and recommendations that meets the standards in the USAID Evaluation Checklist;
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID/Somalia field office and other major partners and stakeholders.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 10 years of experience conducting evaluations, ideally for governance and/or elections programming;
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection in fragile environments, and quantitative and qualitative data analysis;
- Knowledge of / experience with programming focused on elections and good governance;
- Experience working in the Horn of Africa, especially Somalia, preferred.
- Excellent communication, team management, and leadership skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to various project sites in Somalia as needed.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Education: Master’s Degree in Monitoring & Evaluation, governance, public policy or a related field.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position will include supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel is required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.