Job Title: Event & Administrative Support Coordinator
Internal Title: Coordinator I
Job Location: Southeast (SE) Field Office/Telecommuting
Job Type: Full-Time
Department: Mission and Mobilization
Reports To: Field Director, SE
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
The Movement-Building and Issue-Based Campaigning work, comprised of the Campaign Content & Action Team, and the Chapter Management Team, is integral to the entire Mission & Mobilization division. Animated by our Catholic faith’s call to action to alleviate suffering and work to create a more just world for the world’s poorest, most marginalized and vulnerable people, CRS is seeking to build a movement of millions of people in the United States and around the world to increase the Church’s impact and influence in combatting global poverty, violence and injustice.
The Event & Administrative Support Coordinator is a non-supervisory, independent contributor role supporting the efforts of the regional field team based in the SE region. Under the leadership of the SE Field Director, the Event & Administrative Support Coordinator is responsible for managing internal and external events at the regional level, analyzing and improving business processes, handling administrative and clerical duties as assigned, and ensuring the office operations run smoothly.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Understand and plan for the complex needs of different internal and external events, and diverse constituencies
- Strong knowledge of local meeting and event venues, transportation, entertainment/representation and other appropriate vendors as needed
- Manages and oversees events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down
- Processes invoices, handles reimbursements, and produces financial spreadsheets and reports as needed and serve as regional office contact with HQ/Finance and other administrative units as appropriate
- Coordinates all administrative and logistical aspects of managing the regional team and office space as relevant, including but not limited to purchase orders, technology and communications needs, data entry in Salesforce/CRM, and scheduling.
- Supports the Field Director as needed and appropriate
- Works collaboratively with National/HQ Operations staff on larger scale events, budget/financial reporting, support for staff training/engagement, and data management as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree or extensive work experience with at least 5 years office management experience
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, basic hardware setup and maintenance.
- Ability to handle multiple demands, prioritize and produce high quality work under pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple responsibilities
- Ability to take initiative, function independently and exercise good judgment
- Broad knowledge of a professional environment, confidentiality essential
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment is critical
- Commitment to accuracy in all tasks and attention to detail and follow up is essential
- Experience with event and budget management
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills. Spanish preferred.
- Some regional travel as necessary
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- In-depth knowledge of Catholic social teaching and the structure of the Catholic Church
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions
Office environment or telecommuting home office as applicable.
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer