You: an organized person who wants to bring those skills to your next job. You think putting together events is fun, rewarding and a great way to advance the conversation. You’re interested in the international development sector want to grow in the space.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 140 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
- You’ll get to be a part of a growing events team that creates meaningful events on issues that matter
- Engage with leaders in our industry by inviting them to attend and speak at events
- Professionals at Save the Children, CARE, ONE, Gates Foundation and more rely on us to be in-the-know
- We’re an exciting, dynamic enterprise that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture
- No bureaucracy here: you’ll get to own your work and will get the support you need
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Event Associate are…
- Conduct outreach to premier global development organizations from around the world, including by phone, email, and in-person meetings to invite them to attend and participate in our events
- Liaise with vendors and event venues and maintain a bank of trusted resources for Devex LIVE events
- Provide onsite logistical event support including assisting with registration, exhibitor and sponsor set up, vendor management, and more.
- Assist in the production of marketing and printed materials
- Work with designers and developers to create and maintain event web pages
- Provide technical support for online events including webinars and virtual career fairs
- Assist with event communications and post-event engagement and coordinate communications across Devex teams globally
- Track event related data and analytics
The basic requirements for this role are…
- 1-2 years event coordination experience
- Ability to build relationships with senior-level professionals and work well under pressure
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Effective problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Intellectual curiosity, and a competitive spirit
- A Bachelor’s degree
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- Good understanding of global development issues
- Familiarity with web-based marketing and webinar platforms, particularly Marketo, Google Hangouts and Webex
- Basic HTML knowledge
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work
Get the conversation started by submitting an application now! Interested applicants may submit their CV and cover letter. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona, and Manila, and reporters around the world. Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world. Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.