The aim of the learning event is to collect information on the status of the ethnic Tibetan population in People’s Republic of China to complement the findings of the recent desk research on the same topic and, to the extent possible, fill knowledge gaps that remain. The learning event will convene scholars and experts in the field of Tibetan studies to openly share insight about the needs of the ethnic Tibetan population in mainland China and potential development programming. The findings of the event will serve as another source of information and be used by USAID RDMA to design a new Activity aiding the population.
The anticipated period of performance is May/June 2019.
SI is seeking an Event Note Taker to document discussions and key take-during the 2-day workshop. All work with be conducted in Bangkok, Thailand. Preference will be given to candidates already based in Bangkok. SI will not pay for travel costs for candidates based outside of Bangkok.
- Setting up and monitoring workshop participant registration tables.
- Taking notes during each session throughout the workshop.
- Writing up notes based on tools and products created during the event, such as flipcharts.
- Produce “clean” version of event notes. The Associate is expected to utilize break times and non-plenary sessions to proofread and edit notes in order to produce a clean version of notes and other event summaries by the end of the workshop.
- Other event logistics, as directed by SI staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area required.
- Knowledge on relevant topic/issues to ensure effectiveness and correctness of the note that will become part of the consultation report.
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with participatory learning and workshops is preferred.
- Professional experience with USAID or international development is preferred.
- Fluent written and spoken English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.