Are you an ambitious, highly organized, and technologically savvy media professional with one to three years of experience working in media or online events? Do you feel comfortable working on public-facing projects and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders? Are you excited to be a part of a global, mission-driven organization that has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You’re a creative thinker and problem solver, with keen technical expertise in online platforms and content management systems, who can smoothly juggle multiple projects gracefully without overlooking important details. A proactive communicator, you easily anticipate the next step of a project and thrive in an environment that requires attention to process and systems.
What you’ll do here
As an associate events producer, you’ll play a key role in ensuring a world-class virtual event experience for our audience. Working the midshift — 3 p.m. to midnight Manila time — to overlap with our other offices, you will be responsible for setting up, promoting, and executing Devex online events using software such as Zoom, YouTube, and Marketo, coordinating with speakers, and compiling and communicating platform and social media metrics. You will ensure the quality and seamlessness of Devex online events and will help keep Devex ahead of the curve when it comes to online event trends and best practices.
In your first 90 days, you’ll get to know our news, events, and creative teams, as well as the content management systems and event platforms we use. You will train on event production and be able to produce an online event from start to finish by the end of your first three months with Devex.
By the time you finish your first year, you’ll have helped produce dozens of global online events and will be an expert in online event management and production. You will also have developed global development subject matter knowledge and will feel more comfortable interacting with our community, including event speakers and guests.
For an example of the type of events you will produce, you can refer to the collection of our previous events here.
Required: Here are the indicators that this could be a good role for you.
- One to three years of experience in digital media.
- General understanding of and interest in digital platforms and software, including the systems and best practices necessary to ensure high-quality, consistent output.
- Keen communication skills, including comfort explaining complex processes and effectively interfacing with executive-level stakeholders and various others.
Bonus: Beyond the basics, here’s what we’d love to see.
- Experience hosting large meetings and/or events via Zoom or other event platforms.
- Web development, coding, site management, or HTML experience.
- Video production and editing expertise.
- Social media management skills, including posting and monitoring performance metrics.
What we offer you
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a place where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- High-end computer of your choice — Linux or macOS — and accessories.
- Private health insurance plan.
- Learning benefit: Two days off for training opportunities.
- Apart from standard paid vacation leave, two additional weeks off: one in August and one from Christmas through New Year’s.
- Two “yay days” — extra holidays with the condition that you do something awesome and share a picture of it!
- A fully stocked snack pantry, fruit, and a coffee and tea bar, once we reopen our office after the pandemic.
- Regular social events and wellness activities, once we reopen our office after the pandemic.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Devex. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Ready to get started? Apply now!
About the Organization
At Devex, our vision is to do more good for more people by being the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian, and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence, and funding and career opportunities, to name a few. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every day to change the world. When you become a Devexer, you’re not only joining a global company, but a team of 120-plus people who embody our guiding principles:
- We champion global development professionals.
- We focus on impact.
- We embrace transformation.
- We work together.
- We feel urgency.
Our news team covers the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Our news team gets to know some of the most inspiring leaders in the world, from heads of state and celebrities to philanthropists and aid workers making a difference on the ground. Our journalists and editors produce original news stories, features, interviews, investigations, multimedia projects, op-eds, and online events and have a sustainable business model to do it. Professionals at NGOs such as Save the Children, CARE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in the know.