Manage MSH outreach and external relations with key stakeholders through the planning, attending, and marketing of major events and conferences.
Conference and Event Management (65%)
- Plan, manage, and coordinate MSH presence by attending 4-6 international/regional conferences working closely with conference technical lead, center communications professionals, and other MSH staff.
- Coordinate conference sponsorships, exhibit set-up, prepare and disseminate conference materials, develop marketing materials for exhibit, coordinate events, compile list of MSH attendees and prepare staff orientation for staff attending conferences; handle logistics, arrange for coverage at MSH booth and social media coverage.
- Arrange for follow up stories and photos for MSH website and social media in coordination with the Online Communications Specialist.
Writing and Editing (25%)
- Work with Production Manager and Multimedia Communications Specialist to produce written materials for conferences, including conference orientation booklet for staff; conference program and invitations, exhibit materials and marketing materials.
- Write blogs or social media posts for Twitter or Facebook, in coordination with the Online Communications Specialist.
Media Relations (10%)
- Manage logistics of press events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 years including 1-2 years’ experience in planning presence at large International conferences and donor events.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated ability in event planning and logistics, exhibit production including booth and marketing materials;
- Marketing and writing skills;
- Project management;
- Knowledge of global health or development;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google.
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to navigate a diverse team.
- Keyboard use, pulling drawers; some lifting and packing of materials and exhibit set up.
- International travel (25-30%).
Please upload your cover letter and resume as one Word Document when attaching your resume to your online application.
Director, Strategic Communications
About the Organization
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization with nearly 2,500 people from over 74 nationalities working in over 40 countries. Our mission: Saving lives and improving the health of the world's poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.