Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
If this sounds like you, Dexis is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide administrative and logistical support and expertise to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA). The work for this position will be based in Washington, D.C, with an immediate start date.
As the Executive Assistant, you will directly support the Director of OAPA’s Administrative Management Services (AMS) Division through the following duties:
- Manage all aspects of the Director’s calendar;
- Arrange and coordinate travel for the Director and other individuals supported;
- Organize all arrangements and logistical requirements for meetings and conferences;
- Create meeting agendas and distribute to attendees;
- Actively take meeting minutes and consolidate notes to distribute to attendees;
- Coordinate the routing of documents and memos through the approval chain and follow up on pending approval requests;
- Maintain all office files in accordance with USAID’s policies and procedures;
- Receive, answer, and route telephone calls;
- Conduct research for varying levels of reports and special assignments;
- Manage the transmittal of incoming and outgoing memos;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 4 to 6 years of professional work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in relevant field (international affairs, political science, public policy, international development, communications, etc.);
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet, and Google applications;
- Proven experience in the use of database applications;
- Active secret-level security clearance.
- Knowledge of USAID and/or US Government administrative procedures;
- Superior calendar management skills;
- Ability to learn quickly, with minimal guidance.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.