Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting Group is recruiting for an Executive Assistant who will be embedded within USAID’s Office of Education and support specifically the Executive Mangement Team (EMT).
The USAID Office of Education focuses on implementing the USAID Education Strategy, which has three major goals:
- Goal One: Improved reading skills for 100 million children in primary grades;
- Goal Two: Improved ability of tertiary and workforce development programs to generate workforce skills relevant to a country’s development goals; and
- Goal Three: Increased equitable access to education in crisis and conflict environments for 15 million learners.
The Executive Assistant directly supports the work of the Office Director and Deputy Office Director, and assists the EMT to fulfill its functions. The EMT is composed of the Office Director, Deputy Director, Education Policy & Program Division Chief, and Higher Education, Youth and Workforce Development Division Chief. From a management perspective, this team provides high-level strategic vision for the office, ensures that day-to-day operations are efficient, and liaises with the E3 Bureau’s Front Office and other critical partners championing education sector priorities.
This position is responsible for providing administrative and program support to the Office Director and Deputy Office Director. In this role, the Executive Assistant will manage administrative functions for the Director and Deputy Director, including scheduling and calendar management, travel accommodations, meeting preparations, visitor logistics, as well as perform other administrative duties.
Administrative Support Functions
- Provide administrative and workflow management support
- Provide scheduling and calendar management support
- Ensure external and internal meetings and conference calls run smoothly and effectively by managing invites and conference call details, organizing meeting logistics, preparing meeting materials, preparing minutes and actions, coordinating follow-up, and booking facilities
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed, including flights, accommodation, visa application and ground transportation
- Assist in the preparation and assembly of meeting materials
- Record minutes of meetings
- Develop trackers and tables for planning and monitoring upcoming tasks and responsibilities.
- Manage administrative tasks such as printing, copying, scanning support
- Prepare and process various administrative forms such as business cards, expense reimbursement, training requests/applications
- Provide visitor management support
- Distribute correspondence and documents (receive and distribute mail, faxes, cables and other requested information)
Program Support Functions
- Support the EMT and EPP Division Chief onboard new education sector foreign service staff
- Assist with special projects as requested
- Identify and trouble-shoot office-wide issues as they arise
- Advocate for and support office-wide morale building activities
- Contribute to internal, office-wide communications
- Work to improve existing office systems and processes, and develop new ones, as necessary
- Provide technical support to education programming, as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to providing top notch administrative support to growing, fast moving, hard-working teams
- Commitment to USAID’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years of administrative support experience
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks; ability to learn quickly
- Solutions-oriented team player
- Attention to detail and willingness to adjust to the needs of the office
- A strong command of writing/editing skills
- Stellar interpersonal and communication skills; desire to work with a variety of individuals and personality types
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google Docs
- Desire to have fun in a team environment
- Must be able to obtain facilities access clearance
- Experience in multicultural, multilingual environments preferred
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.