Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting Group is seeking a Executive Assistant to provide support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Asia Front Office. The Executive Assistant directly supports the Burea’s Front Office, performing a variety of routine and complex administrative and analytical duties. These duties include administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, maintaining office correspondence, as well as collecting and compiling information and data from various USAID bureaus and offices. The Executive Assistant must be comfortable managing multiple, competing tasks and perform these duties in a fast-paced environment. Applicants should possess a working knowledge of USAID and its corporate procedures, policies, and guidelines. This position will be in Washington, D.C. The start date is immediate.
The Bureau for Asia’s Front Office directs and supervises the Bureau, reviewing programs and allocating resources among the Bureau’s offices. The Front Office has the ultimate responsibility for the quality of the Bureau’s programs and capacity of its offices. It provides leadership on programmatic initiatives and activities, ensuring they complement the broader goals of USAID and are compliant with legislation and Agency regulations.
- Perform administrative functions to include maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, maintaining files, handling mail and correspondence, program document preparation, presentations and preparing all travel-related documentation and making travel arrangements for staff as assigned.
- Plan and coordinate the front office’s administrative work; coordinate correspondence with the Offices in the Asia Bureau and Missions when necessary.
- Set up conference calls with the Asia Bureau Missions, Offices and Regional Platform, as requested.
- Manage control over the executive staff safe and all documents inside.
- Support USAID coordination efforts with other donors, NGOs, civil society groups, government officials, and other actors as needed.
- Maintain supplies for the front office; pro-actively coordinate with the Administrative Management Staff (AMS) to restocking items that may be in short supply or out of stock.
- Coordinate with the AMS staff as logistical backstop for establishing meeting schedules, securing workspace, arranging electronic support, and related items for senior level staff.
- Work with the AMS Office to ensure IT equipment is functioning properly or updated as needed.
- Ensure timecards are processed on time.
- Provide technical and program related conference and event planning as needed.
- Provide records maintenance and other duties as assigned related to area(s) of responsibility.
- Active secret-level security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field, (e.g., international development/relations, public administration) and 3-4 years of professional experience, OR High School diploma and 7 years of professional experience.
- Experience and high proficiency with office technology and software (including Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and database management preferred).
- Knowledge of USAID and/or U.S. Government administrative procedures preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience interacting with senior-level officials.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.