The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) is the global standard for the governance of oil, gas and mining sectors. This is an outstanding opportunity to lead the EITI to drive efforts to ensure that natural resource wealth becomes a key engine for sustainable economic development and poverty reduction.
The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day running of the EITI and its International Secretariat in Oslo, Norway. The Secretariat’s staff of 25 supports EITI implementation in 51 countries, working together with a global network of governments, industry and civil society supporters.
The Executive Director should ensure that the EITI Board and Members’ Meeting are supported by the Secretariat in realising the EITI Principles. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the EITI’s work globally, ensuring that appropriate support is available for EITI implementation, and working to improve the EITI’s credibility and effectiveness.
Specifically, the Executive Director should:
- Support EITI implementation in the 51-member countries, including to all stakeholder groups in their efforts to realise the EITI Principles.
- Support the EITI Chair and EITI Board to ensure that the EITI is governed to the highest standards, in a spirit of openness, collaboration and trust.
- Ensure effective financial management of the EITI International Secretariat and promote financial and technical support for EITI implementation in the 51 countries.
- Ensure that the EITI’s staff are appropriately selected, supported and managed.
- Extensive experience in financial management and governance of a complex organisation, ideally with a considerable multi-stakeholder component.
- Demonstrated success in building relationships with interlocutors at senior levels within governments, industry and civil society organisations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to the broader global pursuit for transparency and good governance.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and ideally French, with Arabic, Spanish and Russian being an advantage.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and CV no later than Monday 25 June 2018 to Brynjar Wiersholm (email@example.com), HR Director at the International Secretariat.
About the Organization
The EITI is the global standard for the good governance of oil, gas and mineral resources. The EITI provides the public with knowledge about their extractives sector. Information published under the EITI is used by reformers, policy makers, investors, governments, civil society actors, academics, journalists, and others to understand the sector. Through the EITI, stakeholders suggest reforms to strengthen transparency and accountability in the sector.