The Executive Director, working with a working with a broad range of stakeholders, will be an inspirational and innovative leader, possessing the drive, integrity, credibility and strategic mindset to be successful in a complex and dynamic environment, and will help to enhance AATF’s position as a leader, convener and agenda setting organization. The ED will lead and engage at a continental level to mobilize a constituency for real advances in mastering tomorrow’s technologies to fuel growth and wealth creation in Africa, rapidly transforming agricultural value chains. She / he will deepen existing partnerships while building new ones, and leveraging AATF’s products and services to generate resources to sustain future growth.
· The successful candidate will possess an advanced degree (PhD or Masters) in agricultural sciences, economics, business management or a related field.
· Possess a strong record of publication in the relevant field
· At least ten years in senior management with a reputable organisation.
· Demonstrated in depth understanding of issues around African agriculture.
· Demonstrated experience working on topical development issues across Africa, and an active network of partnerships and collaboration with the African agricultural research and development, and agribusiness commercialization sectors.
· Strong track record in resource mobilization for development, and excellent understanding of the typology of the RM landscape (development partners, philanthropy, the private sector, and the various stakeholders in Africa).
· High-level advocacy and strong negotiation skills,
· Excellent political and diplomatic skills and judgement.
· Superior communications skills to persuade, inspire and mobilize all stakeholders around AATF’s vision and mission.
· Demonstrated leadership in identifying organizational challenges and ability to act as change agent to address them.
· The candidate must have substantive, relevant and direct hands-on experience working in Africa
How to Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV in English version and Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to AATF-ED@sri-executive.com on or before 28th August 2020. All information will be in the strictest confidence as we pride ourselves on our professional service. We will revert to you as soon as feasible when we have reviewed your application.
About the Organization
About the African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF)
The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF or the Foundation) is an international not-for-profit organisation that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships to promote food security and enhance livelihoods of smallholder farmers in SSA. AATF works with African governments, private and public technology owners and developers, NGOs, seed companies, other value chain players and African farmers to identify and access technologies that address farmers’ key problems and empower them through availability of a choice of agricultural innovations that generate wealth and health for their families and communities. You can find further details on AATF and their programs on the website https://www.aatf-africa.org/