EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (M/F): RANK E
DEPARTMENT/OFFICE/MISSION: Millennium Challenge Account-Côte d’Ivoire (MCA-CI) l JOB NUMBER: 004/MCA-CI / POSTING DATE: June 7, 2018 l CLOSING DATE: July 5, 2018 l COUNTRY: Côte-d’Ivoire
ORGANIZATIONAL FRAMEWORK AND REPORTING LINES
Established in 2004, the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is a US Government bilateral aid program for low-income countries selected on the basis of performance indicators. The purpose of the program is to implement partnerships with countries that achieve satisfactory performance in three key areas: 1) good governance in public affairs management, 2) creation of an environment conducive to private initiative and 3) commitment of the State to invest significantly in the social sector. The US Government assistance is provided to beneficiary countries as grants to implement a given country investment program known as ”Compact Country” or ”Compact”.
The Government of Côte d’Ivoire and MCC signed a Grant Agreement in Washington DC on November 7, 2017 for a total amount of US $524.74 million. Such Grant, for the Ivorian people, will allow the fulfillment of two (02) major projects:
- Skills for Employability and Productivity Project (US $155 million) which aims to improve the employability of Ivorians and to increase the productivity of the private sector by boosting quality and relevance as well as access to basic and technical skills needed by the private sector;
- Abidjan Transport Project (US $292 million) which aims to increase the competitiveness of Abidjan as the country’s growth pole by enhancing the mobility of goods and people and reducing traffic in the central corridor of the city which connects the port to the northern, eastern and western parts of the country.
Millennium Challenge Account Côte d’Ivoire (MCA-CI), created by Ordinance No. 2017-820 of December 14, 2017, is responsible for the implementation of the Compact on behalf of the Government of Côte d’Ivoire, and will act as an independent management body in implementing the Compact Côte d’Ivoire Program, whose objective is to generate inclusive economic growth and reduce poverty through investments in the projects presented above.
Under the direction of the MCA-CI Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director of Operations will have as main tasks to:
- Supervise the technical and cross-cutting functions of MCA-CI;
- Ensure day-to-day management of M&E, economic analysis, gender and social inclusion cross-cutting groups as well as private sector involvement in achieving Compact objectives.
Under the supervision of the MCA-CI Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director of Operations will have as main tasks to:
- Lead the three cross-cutting technical units of MCA-CI (Gender and Social Integration, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Economic Analysis and Private Sector Involvement) and assure proper integration of such services in projects while ensuring rigor and quality in delivering Compact activities;
- Oversee the technical activities Directors and ensure a collaborative environment is established to facilitate cooperation, quick resolution of technical disputes, sharing of information, and shared accountability for the success of the Compact;
- Evaluate the legal and technical requirements of the Compact and develop processes, procedures and systems to ensure compliance with such requirements;
- Ensure efficient allocation of resources to comply with the legal and technical requirements of the Compact based on an overall understanding of the programmatic needs of MCA-CI and the Compact;
- Build the Operations team through recruitment of staff by incorporating Directors, Managers, technical resources, (e.g. external consultants, MCC technical resources) according to the strategic needs of the MCA-CI;
- Submit on a regular basis to the MCA-CI management team, the MCC and other stakeholders, progress reports on implementation of the Compact, including risk identification and management as well as mitigation strategies and action plans;
- Establish an adequate professional relationship between MCA-CI technical services (projects and inter-functional units) and other MCA-CI and MCC entities while ensuring overall understanding, updating and sharing of information by each entity;
- Implement significant changes related to legal and regulatory requirements, resource matters and collaborative relationships to obtain clear direction from the CEO, MCA-CI Board of Directors and/or MCC;
- Ensure that significant changes to legal and regulatory requirements, resource and collaboration matters are appropriately communicated in order to obtain clear direction from the MCA-CI CEO, the MCA-CI Board of Directors CI and/or MCC, as needed;
- Develop, with inputs from Projects, a coherent plan incorporating the different areas of technical services that states the initiatives and objectives of the technical services for the duration of the Compact;
- Ensure that MCA-CI operations fully comply with MCC policies, requirements and standards, including, but not limited to operational policy and requirements, environmental guidelines, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) policy under the Compact Program, Threshold Programs and MCC Guidelines for Economic and Beneficiaries Analysis;
- Oversee the development, implementation and periodic update of the Compact Côte d’Ivoire Monitoring and Evaluation Plan in accordance with MCC and key stakeholders requirements;
- Establish close collaboration with other departments, government officials and other stakeholders to promote membership and facilitate independent evaluations of Compact investments by providing data and information to independent evaluators in a timely manner;
Hold an advance university degree (at least BAC + 5) in Management, Economics, Social Sciences, Business Administration and Public Administration or any other discipline relevant to the position.
The candidate should have:
§ At least fifteen (15) years’ experience in project management, including supervision of large projects funded by international donors or NGOs and multidisciplinary management (Gender and Social Integration, Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics and Quality Control/Process Improvement);§ Proven experience in managing a business or non-profit institution, particularly in managing teams;§ Excellent ability to communicate and work in a team, particularly as it requires collaborating across departments/divisions to achieve common objectives;§ Proven contract management skills, particularly large contracts with consulting and infrastructure companies.
- Dynamic and experienced leader with significant corporate management or non-for-profit institutional experience and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership;
- Knowledge of IFC Performance Standards and MCA-CI Environmental and Social Management System is a plus;
- Supervise, support and motivate teams including coaching and development opportunities to maximize production, quality of work and achieve goals;
- Strong organizational skills, proven customer satisfaction skills.
- Be able to adapt Compact strategy and objectives;
- Make corresponding structural or organizational changes as needed, to move the work forward and meet the needs of the situation.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Add value by constantly looking for a better way to get more impactful results;
- Set challenging stretch goals for the MCA-CI;
- Understand the various department’s views and perspective by asking probing questions to address unmet needs;
- Demonstrate accountability for achieving results that have a development impact and financial, environmental and social sustainability;
- Identify and propose solutions to mitigate and manage risks;
- Proven negotiation skills;
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions;
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust;
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making
- Be able to analyze facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
Linguistic & computer knowledge:§ Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French;§ Have excellent computer knowledge (office and software);§ Demonstrated knowledge of MS Project or Primavera is a plus.
APPLICATION FILE§ A detailed Resume (CV); § A dated and signed Cover Letter with salary expectations;§ Copies of diplomas;§ Three (3) professional and three (3) academic references;§ An updated criminal record not older than three (3) months.
POSITION-RELATED ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS§ A compensation package at the most attractive levels of compensation systems around the world;§ Excellent working conditions in a positive, satisfying, dynamic and user-friendly international environment;§ For very ambitious future career prospects, wide possibilities for improving knowledge and skills in all areas.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES
· In accordance with its Gender policy, MCC strongly encourages female applicants; · No fees will be paid to MCA-Côte d’Ivoire or any of its agents at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training fees or other);· MCE guarantees that no person complying with the requirements of the offers posted on its website and appearing in other channels may be unfairly dismissed from the recruitment process;· Only candidates with defined profiles and valid documents will be retained for interview.
If you are interested in participating in a program to reduce poverty and increase the income of more than 11,3 million Ivorians, join us by filing your application on our recruitment platform www.mce-afrique.net/recrutementmca-ci or in a sealed envelope with the indication « APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS OF MCA-CI » at La Maison des Chefs d’Entreprise (MCE) head office located at 32 rue des Alizés-Zone 4C or at its secondary office in Plateau, Boulevard de la République, opposite of Félix Houphouët Boigny Stadium, Immeuble AVS, 2nd Floor, Door 26/27, no later than Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 6pm GMT.
For further information or in case of difficulties to apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +(225)21 35 17 91; GSM: +(225) 74 20 03 82/04 00 02 50.
LA MAISON DES CHEFS D’ENTREPRISE
32, RUE DES ALIZÉS - ZONE 4C - 17 B.P. 1277 ABIDJAN 17
TÉL. : +(225) 21 351 791 / +(225) 21 356 174 / FAX : +(225) 21 351 788