EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION (M/F): RANK E
DEPARTMENT/OFFICE/MISSION: Millennium Challenge Account-Côte d’Ivoire (MCA-CI) l JOB NUMBER: 005/MCA-CI / POSTING DATE: June 7, 2018 l CLOSING DATE: July 5, 2018 l COUNTRY: Côte-d’Ivoire
ORGANIZATIONAL FRAMEWORK AND REPORTING LINES
Established in 2004, the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is a US Government bilateral aid program for low-income countries selected on the basis of performance indicators. The purpose of the program is to implement partnerships with countries that achieve satisfactory performance in three key areas: 1) good governance in public affairs management, 2) creation of an environment conducive to private initiative and 3) commitment of the State to invest significantly in the social sector. The US Government assistance is provided to beneficiary countries as grants to implement a given country investment program known as ”Compact Country” or ”Compact”.
The Government of Côte d’Ivoire and MCC signed a Grant Agreement in Washington DC on November 7, 2017 for a total amount of US $524.74 million. Such Grant, for the Ivorian people, will allow the fulfillment of two (02) major projects:
- Skills for Employability and Productivity Project (US $155 million) which aims to improve the employability of Ivorians and to increase the productivity of the private sector by boosting quality and relevance as well as access to basic and technical skills needed by the private sector;
- Abidjan Transport Project (US $292 million) which aims to increase the competitiveness of Abidjan as the country’s growth pole by enhancing the mobility of goods and people and reducing traffic in the central corridor of the city which connects the port to the northern, eastern and western parts of the country.
Millennium Challenge Account Côte d’Ivoire (MCA-CI), created by Ordinance No. 2017-820 of December 14, 2017, is responsible for the implementation of the Compact on behalf of the Government of Côte d’Ivoire, and will act as an independent management body in implementing the Compact Côte d’Ivoire Program, whose objective is to generate inclusive economic growth and reduce poverty through investments in the projects presented above.
Accountable to the MCA-CI Board and MCC and working under the direction of the MCA-CI Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director of Procurement, Finance and Administration will have as main tasks to:
- oversee the overall Finance and Administration function of the MCA-CI
- Ensure the day-to-day management of the accounting, financial management and procurement oversight of the Compact
- Ensure the financial health of the MCA throughout the lifespan of the Compact.
The Executive Director of Procurement, Finance and Administration will have as main tasks to:
- Serve as an officer of MCA-CI and as a key member of MCA-CI senior management team;
- Serve as the technical advisor to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on Human Resources (HR), Finance/Budget, Information Technology (IT), Procurement, and Administrative and Security aspects of the MCA-CI’s programs and operations. The Executive Director of PAF is responsible for providing direction and coordination across organizational lines as well-as acting as a spokesperson for the CEO on administrative issues;
- Lead the overall Finance function of the MCA-CI and ensure that sufficient finance and accounting support is provided to the operational and programmatic functions of the MCA-CI to strengthen its ability to deliver on the targets of the Compact;
- Evaluate Compact requirements and develops policies and plans for managing the MCA-CI’s fiscal resources, aligned with the overall plan of the MCA-CI and in accordance with MCC fiscal accountability and transparency policies, and internal and external audit standards and requirements;
- Build the Finance team through recruitment of staff and identifying technical resources (e.g. external consultants, MCC technical resources) to provide external advice and expertise, aligned to the strategic needs of the MCA-CI;
- Direct and supervise departmental administrative operations through effective management of subordinate supervisors;
- Develop strategies to improve department administrative efficiency and effectiveness;
- Oversee the production of periodic reports, including annual fiscal reports, for the reference of MCA-CI management, MCC, and the MCA-CI Board;
- Oversee all budget and finance related activities;
- Assure that MCA-CI administrative and financial functions operate efficiently and effectively, and to appropriately safeguard funds entrusted to the MCA-CI; oversee preparation of accurate and complete financial statements and assure appropriate reporting of those financial statements;
- Provide leadership and direction in managing projects which cross organizational and jurisdictional lines in matters pertaining to critical MCC administration and operations;
- Guide the Finance Director and advise MCA-CI management team and ensure a collaborative environment is established to facilitate cooperation, sharing of information, and shared accountability for the success of the Compact;
- Interface with the Audit Committee of the Board, Independent Auditors and the Office of Inspector General (United States) on all financial and administrative matters;
- Coordinate closely with other entities within the Government of Côte d’Ivoire on financial, administration and procurement matters;
- Oversee support and development of IT systems and strategies.
- Advanced University Degree in management or a discipline relevant to the position’s function (MBA, Bac+5 in Management, Economics, Finance-Accounting, DSCG/DESCF, MSTCF, Chartered Accounting, Control-Accounting-Audit etc.) or
- Business / Engineering School degree plus a degree in management, accounting;
- Preferred: Professional Certification in Accounting or Auditing.
The candidate should have:
§ At least 15 years’ experience in financial management with at least 10 years managing staff and large projects;§ Proven experience in similar position or in other administrative and financial senior managerial position;§ Demonstrated understanding of gender and social inclusion approaches;§ Previous experience with other donors delivering projects of similar nature;§ Demonstrated knowledge of donor’s procurement procedures is a plus;§ Experience in the financial and administrative management of a business or non-profit institution.§ Demonstrated understanding of gender and social inclusion approaches in large infrastructure projects and experience with meeting the gender requirements of international development projects;§ Strong analytical and report writing skills;§ High ethical values;§ Outstanding organizational and leadership skills. Core competencies:
- Dynamic and experienced leader with significant corporate management or non-for-profit institutional experience and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership.
- Be able to adapt strategy and objectives; making corresponding structural or organizational changes as needed, to move the work forward and meet the needs of the situation.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Add value by constantly looking for a better way to get more impactful results;
- Set challenging stretch goals for the MCA-CI;
- Understand the various department’s views and perspective by asking probing questions to address unmet needs;
- Demonstrate accountability for achieving results that have a development impact and financial, environmental and social sustainability;
- Identify and propose solutions to mitigate and manage risks;
- Proven negotiation skills;
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions;
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust;
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making
- Be able to analyze facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
Linguistic & computer knowledge:§ Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French;§ Excellent software (finance and accounting) and office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint…) knowledge.
APPLICATION FILE§ A detailed Resume (CV); § A dated and signed Cover Letter with salary expectations§ Copies of diplomas§ Three (03) professional and three (03) academic references§ An updated criminal record not older than three (03) months.
POSITION-RELATED ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS§ Large responsibilities and decision-making capacity in a largely autonomous way; § A compensation package at the most attractive levels of compensation systems around the world;§ Excellent working conditions in a positive, satisfying, dynamic and user-friendly international environment;§ For very ambitious future career prospects, wide possibilities for improving knowledge and skills in all areas;§ Frequent trips across Côte d’Ivoire and many training or professional trips to MCC headquarters in USA, particularly during forums that bring together many financial and administrative experts working on other countries’ Compacts.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES
· In accordance with its Gender policy, MCC strongly encourages female applicants; · No fees will be paid to MCA-Côte d’Ivoire or any of its agents at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training fees or other);· MCE guarantees that no person complying with the requirements of the offers posted on its website and appearing in other channels may be unfairly dismissed from the recruitment process;
- Only candidates with defined profiles and valid documents will be retained for interview.
If you are interested in participating in a program to reduce poverty and increase the income of more than 11,3 million Ivorians, join us by filing your application on our recruitment platform www.mce-afrique.net/recrutementmca-ci or in a sealed envelope with the indication « APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION OF MCA-CI » at La Maison des Chefs d’Entreprise (MCE) head office located at 32 rue des Alizés-Zone 4C or at its secondary office in Plateau, Boulevard de la République, opposite of Félix Houphouët Boigny Stadium, Immeuble AVS, 2nd Floor, Door 26/27, no later than Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 6pm GMT.
For further information or in case of difficulties to apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +(225)21 35 17 91; GSM: +(225) 74 20 03 82/04 00 02 50.
LA MAISON DES CHEFS D’ENTREPRISE
32, RUE DES ALIZÉS - ZONE 4C - 17 B.P. 1277 ABIDJAN 17
TÉL. : +(225) 21 351 791 / +(225) 21 356 174 / FAX : +(225) 21 351 788