EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SKILLS FOR EMPLOYABILITY AND PRODUCTIVITY PROJECT (M/F): RANK E
DEPARTMENT/OFFICE/MISSION: Millennium Challenge Account-Côte d’Ivoire (MCA-CI) l JOB NUMBER: 003/MCA-CI / POSTING DATE: June 7, 2018 l CLOSING DATE: July 5, 2018 l COUNTRY: Côte-d’Ivoire
ORGANIZATIONAL FRAMEWORK AND REPORTING LINES
Established in 2004, the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is a US Government bilateral aid program for low-income countries selected on the basis of performance indicators. The purpose of the program is to implement partnerships with countries that achieve satisfactory performance in three key areas: 1) good governance in public affairs management, 2) creation of an environment conducive to private initiative and 3) commitment of the State to invest significantly in the social sector. The US Government assistance is provided to beneficiary countries as grants to implement a given country investment program known as ”Compact Country” or ”Compact”.
The Government of Côte d’Ivoire and MCC signed a Grant Agreement in Washington DC on November 7, 2017 for a total amount of US $524.74 million. Such Grant, for the Ivorian people, will allow the fulfillment of two (02) major projects:
- Skills for Employability and Productivity Project (US $155 million) which aims to improve the employability of Ivorians and to increase the productivity of the private sector by boosting quality and relevance as well as access to basic and technical skills needed by the private sector;
- Abidjan Transport Project (US $292 million) which aims to increase the competitiveness of Abidjan as the country’s growth pole by enhancing the mobility of goods and people and reducing traffic in the central corridor of the city which connects the port to the northern, eastern and western parts of the country.
Millennium Challenge Account Côte d’Ivoire (MCA-CI), created by Ordinance No. 2017-820 of December 14, 2017, is responsible for the implementation of the Compact on behalf of the Government of Côte d’Ivoire, and will act as an independent management body in implementing the Compact Côte d’Ivoire Program, whose objective is to generate inclusive economic growth and reduce poverty through investments in the projects presented above.
Under the direction of the Millennium Challenge Account Côte d’Ivoire (MCA-CI) Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director of Skills for Employability and Productivity Project is responsible for the overall management and implementation of the Skills Project on behalf of MCA-Côte d’Ivoire including all technical, administrative, compliance and accountability functions relevant to the Activity.
Under the direction Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Director of Skills for Employability and Productivity Project will have as main tasks:
- Managing Personnel and Relationships
- Oversee the hiring, supervision, and performance management of the three activity directors and the Environmental and Social Performance Manager for the Project;
- Ensure integration and coordination of the multi-disciplinary project team in collaboration with other Executive Directors;
- Serve as a senior representative of MCA-Côte d’Ivoire with relevant project stakeholders, including Ministry officials (including notably with the Ministers of National Education, TVET, and Higher Education), private sector partners, and non-governmental organizations to ensure effective coordination, implementation of the Project, and achievement of Project results;
- Interface with MCC staff and other donors involved in the Activity.
- Project and Contract Management
- Provide operational and strategic advice and support to the MCA-Côte d’Ivoire Chief Executive Officer in relation to implementation of the Project;
- In close coordination with the other Executive Directors, oversee procurement strategy decision-making for consulting services, small works, and other contracts;
- Oversee in close collaboration with the other Executive Directors the formulation of implementation plans by activity Directors with input from technical Directors in other divisions, including the preparation of budgets, disbursement request packages, work plans, procurement plans, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans for MCA-Côte d’Ivoire submission to MCC;
- Oversee the monitoring of project cash flow and implementation timing by the activity Directors, liaising with the Finance Director and Procurement Director to ensure accurate disbursement requests to MCC;
- Identify bottlenecks, risks, and mitigation strategies, and work to address them, reporting as appropriate to the Director General;
- Tracks and monitors the performance of the Government of Cote d’Ivoire (GoCI) in timely and effectively meeting the Conditions Precedent in the Compact but specifically those conditions related to Skills Project;
- In coordination with the Executive Director for the Abidjan Transport Project, ensures that higher education delivery expertise and technical assistance/guidance is provided to the 3ES sub-activity. In addition, monitor and facilitate the 3ES sub-activity in relation with the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Ensure that Activity implementation adheres to relevant MCC guidelines and IFC Performance Standards. This includes, but is not limited to Environmental and Social Performance, Gender and Social Inclusion, and the Cost Principles;
- Ensure the proper establishment and daily implementation of the Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) and Gender and Social Integration Plan for the Activity;
- Participate in and supply input to the documentation and review for these processes;
- Participate in ESP / ESMS trainings;
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the MCA-CI Director General.
A graduate degree in management, law, business administration, economics, teaching, pedagogy, or other relevant discipline.
Experience and technical competencies:
The candidate should have:
- At least 15 years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of gender and social inclusion approaches in large development projects and experience with meeting the gender requirements of international development projects;
- Strong portfolio management and operational skills, preferably with experience working on projects funded by international donors, including procurement and management of large contracts with consulting services and infrastructure firms;
- Proven excellent representational and relational skills/experience with high level Government officials, private sector, and international donors. (DG or Minister/Cabinet Director level);
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership and oversight of large, multi-disciplinary teams, and large complex projects;
- Demonstrated experience with meeting the environmental, social, and health and safety requirements of international development projects and experience in implementing the IFC Performance Standards.
- Dynamic and experienced leader with significant corporate management or non-for-profit institutional experience and a proven track record for effective team management and results-driven leadership;
- Be able to adapt strategy and objectives; making corresponding structural or organizational changes as needed, to move the work forward and meet the needs of the situation;
§ Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Add value by constantly looking for a better way to get more impactful results;
- Set challenging stretch goals for the MCA-CI;
- Understand the various department’s views and perspective by asking probing questions to address unmet needs;
- Demonstrate accountability for achieving results that have a development impact and financial, environmental and social sustainability. Identify and propose solutions to mitigate and manage risks;
- Proven negotiation skills;
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions;
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust;
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate;
Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making
- Be able to analyze facts and data to support sound, logical decisions regarding own and others’ work.
Linguistic & computer knowledge:
- Proficient in written and spoken French. English preferred
- Experience and familiarity with MS Project or Primavera is required
- Excellent software (finance and accounting) and office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint…) knowledge.
APPLICATION FILE§ A detailed Resume (CV); § A dated and signed Cover Letter with salary expectations;§ Copies of diplomas;§ Three (03) professional and three (03) academic references;§ An updated criminal record not older than three (03) months.
POSITION-RELATED ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS§ A compensation package at the most attractive levels of compensation systems around the world;§ Excellent working conditions in a positive, satisfying, dynamic and user-friendly international environment;§ For very ambitious future career prospects, wide possibilities for improving knowledge and skills in all areas.
NOTICE TO CANDIDATES
· In accordance with its Gender policy, MCC strongly encourages female applicants; · No fees will be paid to MCA-Côte d’Ivoire or any of its agents at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training fees or other);· MCE guarantees that no person complying with the requirements of the offers posted on its website and appearing in other channels may be unfairly dismissed from the recruitment process;
- Only candidates with defined profiles and valid documents will be retained for interview.
If you are interested in participating in a program to reduce poverty and increase the income of more than 11,3 million Ivorians, join us by filing your application on our recruitment platform www.mce-afrique.net/recrutementmca-ci or in a sealed envelope with the indication « APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF SKILLS FOR EMPLOYABILITY AND PRODUCTIVITY PROJECT OF MCA-CI » at La Maison des Chefs d’Entreprise (MCE) head office located at 32 rue des Alizés-Zone 4C or at its secondary office in Plateau, Boulevard de la République, opposite of Félix Houphouët Boigny Stadium, Immeuble AVS, 2nd Floor, Door 26/27, no later than Thursday, July 5, 2018 at 6pm GMT.
For further information or in case of difficulties to apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +(225)21 35 17 91; GSM: +(225) 74 20 03 82/04 00 02 50.
LA MAISON DES CHEFS D’ENTREPRISE
32, RUE DES ALIZÉS - ZONE 4C - 17 B.P. 1277 ABIDJAN 17
TÉL. : +(225) 21 351 791 / +(225) 21 356 174 / FAX : +(225) 21 351 788