Position summary & job purpose: As the corporate representative to Tetra Tech, the Executive Vice President of ESI provides the technical and operational leadership to the unit’s core business practices, responsible for the overall success of the business unit. Provides the leadership and management necessary to achieve operational productivity, efficiency and profitability. Ensures the appropriate operational controls, procedures, and people are in place to effectively grow the organization. Provides the vision and direction to lead the growth and management of Tetra Tech ESI, focusing on power sector reforms, transactions and clean energy development. Creates a positive work environment and aligns staff to achieve professional results. Oversees company policies, plans, activities and post-contract-awarded operations.
- Develop and execute market strategies and action plans within the energy and electricity sector to promote business development primarily in the US government funded development arena as well as multilateral and bilateral development agencies.
- Identify strategic business opportunities and maintain strong client relationships, supporting growth and diversification by generating new revenue streams.
- Manage, mentor and engage teams and senior leaders to success.
- Manage international projects and staff of 160 in the pursuit of large (multi-million dollar) proposals within the energy sector.
- Achieve targeted project utilization rate, sales, revenue and job profitability and financial targets.
- Oversee the proper and strategic staffing at all levels of the organization.
- Create a positive work environment, driving collaborations and relationship building.
- Ensure transparent, fluid communication amongst leadership and staff.
- Promote career development among staff.
- Ensure compliance and efficiencies of corporate policies, procedures, systems, etc. Evaluate, implement, manage, and/or improve operating procedures to increase profits and ensure organizational efficiency.
- Manage overall budget and financial policies and oversee necessary reports and forecasts, to include internal quarterly PEEAC process, project forecasting and corporate annual operating plan.
- Supervise overall contract performance, sound business practices, and technical integrity of projects; coordinate with project managers and COPs at regular intervals, assisting with project challenges. Oversee the management and mitigation of project risks, in collaboration with project teams.
- Serve as technical lead in various USG and multilateral/bilateral development funded energy projects including support for enabling policy, legal and regulatory environments to support clean energy development, policy and regulatory reform, private sector participation, and energy efficiency.
- Generate thought leadership, business development and ongoing sales.
- Serve as key advisor to the President of ARDc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 15 years’ work experience in international development with a focus on clean energy development, transactions, and/or power sector reform with organizations such as the US Agency for International Development, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the World Bank, Asian Development Bank and comparable donor organizations.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the key areas such as energy policy, regulation, clean energy development, private sector participation and energy efficiency.
- Master’s degree in engineering, economics, business or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated client management skills and track record of generating steady revenue.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage sales.
- Exceptional project management, project development, training and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of accounting, budget planning, financial forecasting and financial modeling.
- Experience in building successful teams.
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position.
- Consulting experience in the energy and electricity sectors.
- Exceptional written, presentation, and oral communications skills.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech Inc. is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech, is a leading provider of energy services working worldwide for development agencies, governments, multilateral banks, and multinational corporations. We provide technical solutions for the world's most complex energy challenges including energy policy and regulatory advisory services, utility reform, financial advisory services, clean energy deployment, and connectivity solutions. At present, Tetra Tech ES, Inc.’s annual revenue is $70+ million.