The ABA Rule of Law Initiative seeks a long-term criminal justice expert with specific experience in alternatives to incarceration (ATI) efforts. The individual will be asked to to collaborate with justice sector actors and other partners in Tunisia to develop and execute implementation plans to establish probation offices, implement public education initiatives and training for judges, lawyers, prosecutors and members of civil society on ATI within the context of the legal framework in Tunisia.
· JD or foreign equivalent and ten or more years of experience related to ATI and probation;
· Experience managing and implementing US Government donor-funded international development programs;
· Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines;
· Ability to act independently to identify and analyze problems and recommend effective solutions;
· Working knowledge of MENA region is highly desirable
· Fluency in English (knowledge of Arabic and/or French is a plus); and
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html