Project title: Support to effective air emissions and radiation monitoring, and improved environmental management
Brief description of the assignment: The objective of the assignment is to prepare the ground for the development and implementation of advanced data management methodologies in the field of emissions and environmental management in line with the PRTR Protocol to the Aarhus Convention.
The NKE input should contribute to the fulfilment of:
- An assessment of existing air emission monitoring QA/QC standards
In this assessment, the procedures inherent to QA/QC on the air quality emission data will be taken in consideration, namely: i) Monitoring Objectives; ii) Measurement system design; iii) Equipment Selection, iv) Operation, support and calibration on site; v) Data review and validation, uncertainty considering; and vi) Periodic system review.
This objective will be attained by collecting information on existing air emission monitoring QA/QC standards and practices through official documents, online sources, sources elaborated under other tasks of this Project (e.g. Sub-Activity 6.2).
Duration of the assignment: up to 15 working days in the period Sep - Oct 2018
Qualifications and skills
- University diploma in environmental engineering or equivalent;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Fluency in Russian and/or Belarusian (at least spoken) will be an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of general professional experience.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of air emission monitoring quality assurance and control standards;
- Experience in EU funded projects in Eastern ENPI countries or countries of the CIS, ex- PHARE or IPA beneficiary countries would be an advantage;
- Experience in Belarus will be an advantage.