Project title: Support to effective air emissions and radiation monitoring, and improved environmental management in Belarus
Brief description: The objective of the assignment is to prepare the ground for the development and implementation of advanced data management methodologies in the field of emissions and environmental management in line with the PRTR Protocol to the Aarhus Convention.
The NKE input should contribute to the fulfilment of:
- An assessment of existing air emission monitoring QA/QC standards
In this assessment, the procedures inherent to QA/QC on the air quality emission data will be taken in consideration, namely: i) Monitoring Objectives; ii) Measurement system design; iii) Equipment Selection, iv) Operation, support and calibration on site; v) Data review and validation, uncertainty considering; and vi) Periodic system review.
This objective will be attained by collecting information on existing air emission monitoring QA/QC standards and practices through official documents, online sources, sources elaborated under other tasks of this Project (e.g. Sub-Activity 6.2), and through comparison with EU Member States’ air emission monitoring QA/QC standards. In addition, the compilation of relevant standards and practices in the EU will also take in consideration air legislation, standards and technical and scientific sources, reports, etc.
- An identification and analysis of the gaps, plus the provision of recommendations for improvement in quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC)
Based on the results of the previous objective, a Gap Analysis on the air emission monitoring QA/QC standards and practices between Belarus and the EU will be performed. This analysis will identify the most important gaps and bottlenecks in the applicable standards and in the operational procedures, and provide recommendations on the steps to close the identified gaps.
Commencement date of the assignment: August 2018
Duration of the assignment: up to 15 working days in the period August – November 2018
Qualifications and skills
- University diploma in environmental engineering or equivalent;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Fluency in Russian and/or Belarusian (at least spoken) will be an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 15 years of general professional experience.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of air emission monitoring quality assurance and control standards;
- Experience in EU funded projects in Eastern ENPI countries or countries of the CIS, ex- PHARE or IPA beneficiary countries would be an advantage;
- Experience in Belarus will be an advantage.