Project title: Support to effective air emissions and radiation monitoring, and improved environmental management
Brief description of the assignment: The objective of the assignment is to prepare the ground for the development and implementation of advanced data management methodologies in the field of emissions and environmental management in line with the PRTR Protocol to the Aarhus Convention.
The NKE input should contribute to the fulfilment of:
- A review of the available relevant information on industrial emissions and assist Beneficiary in collecting of the information necessary for pollution dispersion modelling
- NKE will assist Beneficiary in collection of information on industrial emissions necessary for pollution dispersion modelling with the selected software.
- NKE will firstly prepare specification of information on industrial emissions necessary for pollution dispersion modelling with the selected software and communicate this to the responsible representatives of the Beneficiary suggesting possible sources of information.
- NKE will than review the information collected by the Beneficiary and suggest further improvement or alternatives. The information collected will be in line with the needs of the selected software and should comprise at least: industrial emission sources, emission intensity, location of emission sources, meteorological data, geospatial information, domestic heating, and smaller industrial emission sources subject to licencing.
- Possible sources of information, except MNREP and its affiliations, will be: operators of relevant industrial installations, national and international meteorological databases, local authorities (particularly on the local fuel use for heating).
- Short-term information collection and assistance to the Beneficiary and other stakeholders
- This process entails the collection of information from international or national publicly-available sources according to a Plan for intermediate upgrade supplied to the NKE after the first task is accomplished. For the publicly unavailable information, the NKE will rely on the Beneficiary and other stakeholders.
Duration of the assignment: up to 12 working days in the period Oct 2018 - Jan 2019
Qualifications and skills
- University diploma in economics, engineering or equivalent;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Fluency in Russian and/or Belarusian (at least spoken) will be an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of general professional experience.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of industrial emission sources;
- Experience in EU funded projects in Eastern ENPI countries or countries of the CIS, ex- PHARE or IPA beneficiary countries would be an advantage;
- Experience in Belarus will be an advantage.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org