Project title: Support to effective air emissions and radiation monitoring, and improved environmental management in Belarus
Brief description: The objective of the assignment is to prepare the ground for the development and implementation of advanced data management methodologies in the field of emissions and environmental management in line with the PRTR Protocol to the Aarhus Convention.
The NKE input should contribute to the fulfilment of:
- Elaboration of Plan for intermediate upgrade with additional information to close the gaps
A review of the available relevant information on industrial emissions in Belarus will be made available to the NKE at the beginning of his assignment, including data on industrial emission sources, emission intensity, location of emission sources, meteorological data, geospatial information, domestic heating, and smaller industrial emission sources subject to licencing.
The NKE will then prepare a Plan for intermediate upgrade with additional information to close the gaps for the elaboration of a web-based transport policy support tool.
The plan shall comprise guidelines on practical measures to collect information in the short- and the long-term:
- Short-term – to facilitate modelling activities needed for the project;
- Long-term – to be applied beyond the project’s life-cycle, aiming at constant improvement of modelling practices and future planning.
- Compile the information in the format relevant to be used
The NKE will receive additional data collected as per the upgrade Plan above-described and will organise it as an input database for an air quality model and transport policy support tool.
Commencement date of the assignment: August 2018
Duration of the assignment: up to 10 working days in the period August – November 2018
Qualifications and skills
- University diploma in economics, engineering or equivalent;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Fluency in Russian and/or Belarusian (at least spoken) will be an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum of 15 years of general professional experience.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of industrial emission sources;
- Experience in EU funded projects in Eastern ENPI countries or countries of the CIS, ex- PHARE or IPA beneficiary countries would be an advantage;
- Experience in Belarus will be an advantage.