The objective of this consultancy is to advise and to technically assist the Ministry f Health and Social Protection (Minister and close collaborators) on reform elements in order to strengthen PHC services in Albania and beyond the Albanian public health system, in respect to: regulatory framework, infrastructure, human resources, quality and list of services provided, financial resources, management, monitoring and accountability mechanisms and when necessary provide recommendations including concrete actions for improvements. Specifically the consultancy will focus on:
- Advise and guide the Ministery of Health and Social protection on health policy implementation with a focus on primary health care leading to health system strengthening
- Provide technical advice, recommendations and analytical opinions for the progress in implementation of selected priorities in the Albanian National Health strategy 2016-2020 particularly related further specific aspects relating to PHC development such as services packages and referral patterns to hospitals, health management information system, and health management in general, health governance, quality improvement, and human resources.
- Guide on development of action plans for a synergistic implementation of cross sector policies and programs on health
- If appropriate identify and facilitate specific additional technical assistance to the MoHSP in the area of PHC development
- Advise the Ministry of Health and Social protection on establishment and governance of donors meetings
About the Organization
The Health for All Project (HAP) in Albania is funded by Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and implemented by the HAP Centre on behalf of a consortium of three organizations: the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (SwissTPH) and the NGOs Terres des hommes (Tdh) and Save the Children (SC). The Project started in January 2015 with an implementation timeframe of 4 years. Its overall goal is that the Albanian population benefit from better health due to improved Primary Health Care (PHC) services and health promotion activities.
In response to the request by the Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Albania to support the implementation of Primary Health Care and other related components of the Albanian National Health Strategy 2016-2020, HAP is looking for an international consultant (individual or consultancy organization) to be assigned to the Ministry of Health and Social Protection up to end of March 2019 in order to advise and guide the Minister of Health and Social protection on health policy implementation with a focus on primary health care leading to health system strengthening.