External performance monitoring of SUCCESS decision 037462
The overall objective to assist the EU Delegation to Pakistan to secure proper monitoring of the implementation of the above-mentioned decision for the grant and technical assistance contract components.
The specific objective of this contract is to assist the EU Delegation to Pakistan in performing monitoring activities of EU-funded contracts under SUCCESS decision as mentioned above, mainly in relation to:
- Result 1 of the Decision, aiming at 770.000 rural households in 8 districts mobilized and capacitated through community organizations of which at least 70% will continue to function effectively at the end of the project;
- Result 2 of the Decision, namely an average sustainable increase of poor household incomes by 30%;
- Result 3 of the Decision, namely increased economic and social services and community benefits from upgraded community infrastructures and productive assets operated and maintained with community involvement;
- Result 4 of the Decision, namely a dedicated Sindh Province policy and budget framework for community-driven local development implemented from 2018 onwards.
Expert 1: Team Leader
(- working days)
Category and duration of equivalent experience:
- The team leader should be a Category I expert with minimum of 12 years relevant experience (MR).
- The team leader should have a relevant University degree at least at Master’s level (MR) in the field of Development Economics (PR), Social Sciences, Rural Development or equivalent;
- Post graduate studies and/or specific training in subjects related to the experts’ assignment under this contract is an asset (PR).
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years professional experience (MR);
- At least 10 years professional experience in developing countries (MR);
- At least 5-year experience as Team Leader implementing complex projects with Government authorities (MR), while coordinating with other donors and Civil Society Organisations (PR);
- Professional experience in volatile environment (PR) ;
- Experience in implementation of EU-funded projects (PR).
Specific professional experience:
- At least twelve years solid and diversified experience working in the area of skills development and human resource development/ economic development in particular in thematic linked to decentralisation, community mobilisation and local governance (PR);
- At least eight years’ professional experience of working in South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) (PR);
- At least 5 years’ experience in Systemic Approaches to institutional (& organisational) development, reform, capacity building and change processes in the rural development sector in developing countries (PR);
- International experience outside Asia on comparable projects (PR);
- Experience of monitoring of at least 5 projects related to rural development or community mobilisation (PR);
- Experience of administration structure and civil society environment in Pakistan (PR);
- Experience in community-based interventions, especially regarding community-grants.
(- working days)
- Expertise in monitoring of construction work and community infrastructures (MR).
- All experts should have full working knowledge of English and excellent report writing skills (MR). Good command of Sindhi (MR) or Urdu (PR) by at least one of the team expert.
Indicative starting date: 01/03/2019
About the OrganizationPROMAN S.A., based in Luxembourg is providing consulting services in the sectors of education, HRD, social development, institutional strengthening and capacity building and local/regional development.Primary clients are the European Commission, Bilateral Cooperation (Luxebmourg, France, Belgium), UNICEF, World Bank. Main sector of intervention is the education sector in all its aspects. PROMAN operates worldwide with a slight overweight in Africa. We employ 9 staff members at Headquarters and over a 100 (both Short Term and Long Terms) consultants per year.