The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Trade, Private Sector Development and Engagement and Regional Integration Facility II (TPSDE II).”
The overall objective of this project is to improve the impact of the EU policies and interventions on private sector development and engagement, trade and economic integration in partner countries, including associated human resources development, with a focus on vulnerable countries and in particular those most affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
The specific objective of the project is to improve the capacity of EU delegations and headquarters to programme, design and implement TPSDE interventions using the available programming tools.
Qualifications and skills
- A university degree in the areas of social, political or economic sciences, engineering or related diploma.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English language.
- Good knowledge of French and/or Spanish will be considered as an asset
General professional experience
- At least 7 years of professional experience covering the design and/or implementation and/or evaluation of international cooperation policies, programmes and projects.
- Working experience with the European Union will be considered as an asset
Specific professional experience
The two key experts should have each one at least 5 years of professional experience in at least three of the four following areas of expertise:
- Facilitation of sustainable investments, including green and social investments,
- Private sector engagement, public-private dialogue, support to business organisations,
- Inclusive business models and business models for resilience,
- Trade, including e-trade
Professional experience in one or more of the following areas will be considered as an asset :
- Financial inclusion, including digital financial inclusion
- Vocational education and training (VET)
- Sustainable value chains and human rights approach in businesses
- Raw materials and development minerals
- Women economic empowerment
- Business environment reform
The key experts’ normal place of posting will be home-based and will liaise with the project manager at DG INTPA on a regular basis. The place of posting of key experts shall be in the EU, EEA, Switzerland or the UK. The team leader will ideally be located in Brussels.
Start date & period of implementation
The intended start date is 15th July 2021 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 36 months from this date (minimum of 660 working days).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.