Jordan Export requires your expertise to professionalise the range of services available for export strategies. The semi-public institution, which is owned by the Jordanian Government and private-sector interest groups including the Chambers of Commerce in Jordan, works with all relevant partners at regional, national and international level. By promoting exports, the aim is to provide Jordanian companies with better access to international markets and increase exports with tailor-made offers. The Jordanian Government expects that this will result in greater economic growth, among other benefits.
Your tasks will involve:
- Establishing a team and training staff on the Corporate Principles and administrative tasks
- Developing and providing support in implementing export marketing strategies for Jordanian companies
- Drawing up recommendations to improve the framework conditions relating to competitiveness and barriers to trade
- Establishing and managing a matchmaking database for efficient coordination of potential exporters and foreign buyers
- Providing support with the creation of industry-specific export market surveys and economic analyses of countries
- University degree in economics, international marketing, international trade or another subject that provides the necessary skills for the job
- Several years of management experience in areas related to export marketing, export promotion and sales
- Good knowledge of working with economic statistics and forecasting
- Ideally work experience in the region
- Business fluency in English
- In addition you have the citizenship of an EU member state for reasons to meet the criteria of the integrated Experts program
What we offer:
- Varied work with individual responsibility in an international field
- Teamwork with other development cooperation organisations
- Professional preparation for overseas deployment
- Placement to a local employer as an Integrated Expert for an initial period of two years - an extension is possible
- Attractive monthly allowances as well as a local salary and social benefits
Note: The job offer is current, there is no deadline for applications.
Please follow the link of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs for travel information https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/ReiseUndSicherheit and the country information Portal www.liportal.de .
About the Organization
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe. Your role is to pass on their knowledge where they are especially needed. CIM is jointly run by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (www.giz.de) and the German Federal Employment Agency (www.arbeitsagentur.de). It has been providing a combination of development and labour market policy expertise since 1980.