The Uzbek textiles and clothing association Uztextilprom needs your expertise to head a team focusing on export promotion, certification and marketing in the department for marketing and certification. With more than 1,500 members, Uztextilprom plays a key role in developing and strategically aligning Uzbekistan’s young textile and clothing industry and is striving towards a broad international market position.
Your tasks will involve:
- Developing a marketing strategy for Uzbek companies and the Uzbek textile and clothing sector to develop new sales markets in the European Union and Germany
- Supporting exporters in preparing and implementing export strategies, and in developing sustainable certification systems
- Supporting the association with investments and assisting the development of a sustainable textile and clothing industry
- Supporting business partnerships along the cotton value chain
- University degree in business administration (foreign trade) with a focus on sales and distribution, exports or marketing, or another relevant degree
- Several years’ professional experience in export marketing and digital marketing, preferably in the textile industry
- Relevant knowledge of international textile supply chains and the product certification processes for organic cotton
- Regional experience would be ideal
- Business fluency in English, good Russian skills
- In addition you have the citizenship of an EU or EFTA member state in order to meet the criteria of the Integrated Experts program; UK passport holders are eligible to apply
What we offer:
- Varied work with individual responsibility in an international field
- Teamwork with other development cooperation organisations
- Professional preparation for overseas deployment
- Placement to a local employer as an Integrated Expert for an initial period of two years - an extension is possible
- Attractive monthly allowances as well as a local salary and social benefits
Note: The job offer is current, there is no deadline for applications.
Please follow the link of the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs for travel information https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/ReiseUndSicherheit and the country information Portal www.liportal.de .
About the Organization
The Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM) is your ideal partner for finding a responsible position in the field of development policy. We place highly qualified staff with employers in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe. Your role is to pass on their knowledge where they are especially needed. CIM is jointly run by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (www.giz.de) and the German Federal Employment Agency (www.arbeitsagentur.de). It has been providing a combination of development and labour market policy expertise since 1980.