SUMMARY OF PROJECT
CowaterSogema is recruiting an Extractives Taxation Expert to support an upcoming Tax Reform programme in Mozambique. The Tax and Economic Governance Programme will be supporting the Mozambique Revenue Authority to advance improvements in Tax Policy, strengthen tax of the Extractives Industries, and improve tax processes through increased and more effective automation. The Extractives Taxation Expert will work with the Unit for Taxation of Extractive Industries within the Mozambican Revenue Authority to provide technical assistance and strategic advisory services on this long-term project. This position will be expected to lead the extractives component in the achievement of project outputs relating to extractives tax policy and revenue forecasting and analysis.
The position is expected to involve extensive field missions in Maputo, preference will be given to candidates present in Maputo or willing to relocate there.
- Post-graduate qualification in public finance, accounting, economics, or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant project areas, including: petroleum taxation; mining taxation; risk-based audit of multinational companies; and supporting Revenue Authorities on taxation of extractive industries;
- Up to date understanding of best practices in the taxation of the extractives sector;
- Previous experience on donor-funded projects;
- Professional fluency in Portuguese and English is essential.
- Previous experience working on DFID-funded development projects;
- A comprehensive understanding of the extractive sector landscape in Mozambique;
- Specialisation in petroleum tax administration, in particular natural gas;
- Familiarity with EITI.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the Organization
With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.