NCBA CLUSA is currently seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Country Director – Nicaragua to support NCBA CLUSA’s Farmer to Farmer (F2F) team, based in Nicaragua. The Farmer-to-Farmer Program (F2F) provides technical assistance from U.S. volunteers to farmers, farm groups, agribusinesses and other agriculture sector institutions in developing and transitional countries with the goal of promoting sustainable improvements in food security and agricultural processing, production and marketing. The F2F program leverages the expertise of volunteers from U.S. farms, universities, cooperatives, private agribusinesses and nonprofit farm organizations to respond to the local needs of host-country farmers and organizations.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Coordination of all F2F program activities within a country, including:
- Identifying, designing, and implementing the Country F2F Project to ensure volunteer targets are met, reports are prepared, and resources are allocated effectively;
- Developing and updating volunteer scopes of work and facilitating volunteer assignments;
- Coordinating any flexible assignments and coordinating work with other stakeholders;
- Identifying potential partners and hosts, providing pre- and post-assignment technical / business assistance to hosts, and communicating closely with hosts to assess their needs, status changes,
- Ensuring sound systems for monitoring and assessing impact from program activities along with making recommendations for improvement of growth
- Preparing comprehensive and quality program documents and reports (including but not limited to weekly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports);
- Developing and maintaining working relations with the USAID Mission, keeping them informed of program progress or issues;
- Providing training to personnel on project development principles and methodology;
- Maintaining annual country budgets to support program activities and monitor expenditures based on allowed budget allocations, and working within the parameters of the NCBA CLUSA F2F budgeting, reporting, and administrative systems.
- Other responsibilities to be determined by NCBA CLUSA and/or USAID.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree preferably in agriculture or a related and relevant field;
- Minimum eight years professional experience in assignments relevant to the Recipient’s F2F Country Program;
- Experience in agricultural production, marketing and/or development; the cooperative sectors; and ability to network effectively with country agricultural sector stakeholders;
- Experience coordinating program activities within Nicaragua including: identifying, designing, and implementing Country F2F Projects or similar programs; coordinating any flexible assignments; identifying potential partners and hosts; developing volunteer scopes of work; facilitating volunteer assignments; providing pre- and post-assignment assistance to hosts; updating sector and sub-sector analyses;
- Ensuring sound systems for monitoring and assessing impact from program activities; and coordinating work with other stakeholders;
- Fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English and Spanish.
NCBA CLUSA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, and legally protected characteristics for non-merit factors.
NCBA CLUSA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in all facets of employment, including the employment application and selection process. If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at NCBA CLUSA, please send an email to Misti French or call 202.638.6222.
About the Organization
The National Cooperative Business Association CLUSA International (NCBA CLUSA) is the primary voice for people who use cooperative businesses to build a better world and a more inclusive economy. NCBA CLUSA provides cross-sector education, technical assistance, and advocacy that helps co-ops thrive. For over 100 years, NCBA CLUSA has sought to advance and protect cooperative enterprises, highlighting the impact that cooperatives have in bettering the lives of individuals and families. In the last 60 years, NCBA CLUSA has worked in over 85 countries in the areas of food security, agricultural development, strengthening of communities and farmer organizations, community-based health, natural resources management, and empowerment of smallholder farmers, women, and youth. We currently work in in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.