Job DescriptionRTI International is one of the world’s leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
About Worldwide Training: The Worldwide Training contract is a 1 Base Year plus 4 Option year single award indefinite quantity contact (IQC).• This IQC provides services designing, developing and delivering adult professional development to USAID employees worldwide through a continuing range of high quality courses, using a combination of web-based training, distance learning and instructor-led training. Each training, whether instructor-led or web-based, shall serve to develop the required competencies and skills of Agency staff to produce high quality work as they administer USAID•s foreign assistance program.•••
RTI International is currently accepting resumes for Facilitative Trainers (multiple openings) to deliver the newly-designed Project and Activity Design and Implementation (PADI) course.• They also may be considered to deliver training on the program cycle process and other courses if qualified.•
The Facilitative Trainer will participate in a multi-day Training of Trainers (TOT) course with current trainers and subject matter experts before delivering any training. They must be available for training scheduled from May through September 30, 2018.•
- Facilitate courses utilizing sound process facilitation methods and apply adult learning principles.
- Support USAID•s approach to project and activity design and implementation.
- Work constructively with co-trainer.
- Ensure each course is evaluated and be willing to make adjustments/improvements in delivery based on participant feedback.
- Provide suggestions to the team to develop new processes, quality standards, and increase efficiency of delivery of the course.
- Travel internationally when required.
- BA or BS degree in instructional design, organizational development, international development or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years• experience in the design and facilitation of training and learning materials, as well as training development and facilitation, both classroom-based and virtual.
- Demonstrated familiarity with precepts of adult learning methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of and experience in training professionals in communications, core values, change management.
- Experience and expertise in training at all levels within an organization or governmental agency, required.
- Experience in facilitating training on program/project development and implementation, required.
- Experience in implementing projects and or training in the context of systems thinking and theory of change, strongly preferred.
- Experience in designing, developing and implementing programs/projects in the international development context, strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of USAID and foreign assistance, preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written, listening).
- Experience and knowledge of different cultures and diversity training.
- Overseas experience in developing countries preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, and Excel.
- Must be eligible to work in the US.
Work Location: Consultant•s work location will be the Washington Learning Center in Arlington, VA and 1250 H St., NW training venues, and USAID Missions worldwide.•
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development