- Based in Buka, Autonomous Region of Bougainville
- Reserved for Papua New Guinean Citizens Only
Abt PNG Management Services supports the PNG Australia Governance Partnership which aims to contribute to security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans. The Facility is responsible for the design and implementation of the majority of Australia’s governance portfolio under the strategic direction and oversight of the Australian and PNG Governments. Bringing governance activities under one umbrella, the Facility allows for greater coherence between, and consolidation of, individual activities, effective gender mainstreaming, smarter administrative, contracting and management processes, and improved knowledge sharing and actions on lessons learned across the governance portfolio.
There are seven Partnerships that the Facility supports, each with their own governance arrangements:
- Public Sector Leadership and Reform (PSLR)
- Decentralization and Citizen Participation (DCP)
- Economic Governance and Inclusive Growth (EGIG)
- Kokoda Initiative
- Bougainville Partnership
- PNG Partnership Fund (PPF)
- Institutional Partnerships Program Deployment Support Services (IPPDSS)
The Bougainville Partnership (BP) is framed around the objectives of the Bougainville Peace Agreement, development and implementation of the Bougainville Strategic Development Plan (BSDP) 2018-2022. The ABG intends the BSDP becomes the principal reference point for program and sector development in Bougainville and will guide development partner investment, consistent with its objectives and priorities.
Role Summary – Facilities Assistant
The Facilities Assistant is responsible for ensuring the Bougainville Partnership (Buka) facilities are maintained and to a high level of standard. Under the direction of the Senior Administrator, the Facilities Assistant will also support Administration staff and the Fleet Team to continuously improve systems and procedures.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring assets and general building and fittings are maintained to a high standard
- Maintain company asset register
- Ensure all facilities and equipment are turned on and off daily
- Work with the Senior Administrator to continuously improve systems and procedures
- Ensure the Generator is filled daily and maintained
- Ensure rubbish bins are emptied weekly
- Coordinate weekly gardening maintenance – removal of weeds and ensuring the grass is kept low and tidy
- Support Administration staff in preparation for meetings and workshops
- Support staff in preparation for approved activities and events
- Support the fleet team with errands and driving as required
- Emergency warden
Further details in regards to this opportunity and associated remuneration can be found in the Information for Applicants available from the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website at:
Go to ‘Apply Now’, ‘Aus/UK Postings’ and by searching ‘By Country/ Region’ for Papua New Guinea, you will find this and all other roles currently being advertised for Abt Associates in PNG. Applications should be submitted online and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 29 March 2020 (Midnight local time)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.