Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno manages the Indonesia Australia Partnership for Infrastructure (KIAT). The design phase of the Indonesia Australia Partnership for Infrastructure (KIAT) commenced in September 2016 with the first Implementation Phase commencing in April 2017. The current contract for Implementation runs to June 2021, with a potential extension for a further 5 years. KIAT is a new partnership Facility between the Government of Australia (through DFAT) and the Government of Indonesia (GoI). It aims to provide technical assistance to improve GoI in its planning and implementation of infrastructure projects, including:
- (i) Enhancing project preparation
- (ii) Integrating Gender equality and social inclusion (GESI); and
- (iii) Facilitating greater private sector infrastructure investment.
In this role you will (including but not limited to):
- Provide effective leadership of the KIAT team resulting in the delivery of activities in accordance with the KIAT Design, and in line with DFAT’s strategic goals for the Facility, and to meet DFAT’s expenditure targets.
- Set the strategic direction for the Facility and translate KIAT’s three end of Facility outcomes into a portfolio of effective development activities.
- Ensure that the leadership of KIAT is instituted and respected, ensuring that the Management Committee is kept well informed with accurate and timely information to take decisions in the best interests of the program, and the Australian and Indonesian governments.
- Ensure that all KIAT activities effectively promote and incorporate inclusive GESI, with appropriate reporting on the program’s success in achieving these outcomes.
- Develop and proactively maintain relationships with KIAT partner agencies and DFAT to ensure that the KIAT engagement strategies are well-aligned with DFAT and GoI needs and that sub-contracted services meet these needs, including meeting overall sustainability.
- Lead the KIAT team in the effective delivery of the Facility including regular review and reflection of the progress of the program towards its stated goal and ensuring resourcing, operational and quality issues are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Oversee the delivery of robust administration, management and fiduciary systems / processes, ensuring these are developed and fully implemented in line with Cardno policies and standards.
The Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria can be found here: Terms of Reference.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to translate the policy priorities of the Government of Australia and a partner government into practical and effective development investments.
- Proven ability to effectively manage large, complex, multi-disciplinary programs and teams.
- Excellent cross-cultural and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build productive and sustainable working partnerships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to drive a strategic agenda and deliver long-term objectives.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving and sound judgement.
- Proven ability to work at senior levels in government and/or private sector.
- Strong understanding of integrating GESI principles into development investments.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with Bahasa Indonesia is desirable.
Duration: 2 years (with possible extension)
This position will be remunerated in line with the Australian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework, and will be offered at a level commensurate of the successful candidates experience relevant to the role, within the following classification Discipline Group D, Job Level 4 (AUD14,335 to AUD17,918).
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the “apply” button. Your application must include the following:
- An electronic version of your CV in MS Word or PDF format (less than 3MB), including the details of at least 3 professional referees (preferably your current supervisor and two 2 previous supervisors).
- A statement addressing the key selection criteria (maximum 3 pages). This document should clearly describe how your skills, experience and qualifications will enable you to meet the requirements of the position.
For any enquiries about this position, please contact Robert Anscombe at robert.anscombe[@]cardno.com quoting “KIAT – Facility Director” in your email subject line.
5pm, Friday 17 August 2018 (local time).
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.