Facility-Level DDU Support, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Multiple Provinces, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The Facility-Level DDU Support staff will report to their assigned provincial DDU coordinator in Central (two staff) and Luapula (one staff) Provinces. The facility-level support staff will work closely with the DHIOs to ensure facility-level training rollout on new SOPs and to help organize DIMS.
- Working with other project staff, develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening data quality and timeliness at the facility level.
- Facilitate the use of data through the application of tools and dashboards at the facility level.
- Rollout training on new SOPs and data-driven decision making at the facility level.
- Follow up on activities to determine effectiveness, make mid-course corrections, document DDU results and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in public health, M&E systems, or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in M&E systems, especially in health systems.
- Proficiency in developing data communications tools and approaches.
- Must have functional knowledge of Ministry of Health HMIS/DHIS2 system.
- Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.