Family Planning Consultant, HP+ Malawi
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
While Malawi has made major strides in increasing its modern contraceptive prevalence rate (mCPR), the country continues to experience low domestic budget availability for its family planning (FP) program, which remains dependent on external resources. Given funding constraints, Malawi wants to explore how it can increase access to family planning services for a lower unit cost, while increasing availability of a diverse selection of methods, removing barriers to access for vulnerable populations, and providing high quality care. HP+ has designed a new Excel-based tool - the Family Planning Technical Efficiency Assessment - that will be applied in Malawi with stakeholders to diagnose, identify, and systematically pursue solutions for inefficiencies in the FP program.
SCOPE OF WORK
HP+ is seeking a consultant to support application of the Family Planning Technical Efficiency Assessment tool. This primarily includes collecting relevant secondary data to diagnose inefficiencies and consulting with key stakeholders involved with implementing or managing Malawi’s FP program to discuss data needs, verify diagnostic results, identify root causes of inefficiencies, and solicit potential solutions.
The consultant will work closely with HP+ technical team (Malawi and Global team), other consultants employed by HP+ to conduct related FP assessments (including a consultant hired to assess Malawi’s progress in meeting FP2020 commitments), and the Reproductive Health Directorate in the Ministry of Health and Population to carry out the assessment. The consultant will submit deliverables to Palladium for approval.
The expected key deliverables of the assignment include:
1. Secondary data for diagnosing technical inefficiencies across service delivery, demand creation, and program management in Excel template (includes year and source of data)
2. Completed consultative meeting to validate diagnostic results (includes PowerPoint presentation on draft diagnostic results)
3. Completed consultative meeting to identify root causes and evaluate potential solutions to FP program inefficiencies (includes PowerPoint presentation to help guide discussion)
4. A final completed Family Planning Technical Efficiency Assessment Excel file that reflects inputs from stakeholders and feedback from HP+ and RHD.
Applicants MUST include a proposed rate for the work in their CV or cover letter submitted with their application. The rate can either be per day with estimated total days or price by deliverable. The consultant is expected to be based in Lilongwe, Malawi.
Required Qualifications: Applicants must include the following in their application:
Their CV (3 pages max) and a cover letter (2 pages max) outlining how they meet the requirements and their experience working on Family Planning in Malawi, along with a proposed rate for the work.
HP+ will then communicate with promising candidates. An in-person interview may be requested thereafter to further select the successful candidate.
· Minimum of a master’s degree in Public Health, Reproductive Health, or related field.
· Extensive experience working in Family Planning, Reproductive Health or related field.
· Extensive experience working with Malawi Ministry of Health
· Fluency in English and strong writing and interpersonal communication skills
· Experience with working in Excel
· Experience in collecting or analyzing quantitative data (e.g., demographic data, DHS data, FP program data, etc.)
· Experience in facilitating workshops and meetings
· Ability to work within tight deadlines, cross culturally, and with virtual teams
· Flexibility, adaptability, and resourcefulness
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or issues with the application process.