Palladium International and the Australia Vanuatu Policing and Justice Program - Stretem Rod Blong Jastis Mo Sefti - are seeking a full-time Family Protection and Community Engagement Adviser. This role will be based at Port Vila Station, with travel to provincial areas. This adviser will assist the Vanuatu Police Force (VPF) to deliver community engagement initiatives and appropriately (and lawfully) respond to crimes affecting women, children and youth.
General Duties and Responsibilities
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the VPF Family Protection, Crime Prevention and Frontline Policing OICs, officers and relevant stakeholders
* Provide advice and information to the OICs of the Family Protection and Crime Prevention Units, particularly in relation to improving service delivery experiences for women, children and youth
* Establish and maintain regular reporting with internal and external stakeholders regarding progress against SRBJS outcomes and the M&E Framework
* Provide practical and technical advice on VPF operational funding requests in relation to the family protection, gender based violence, community engagement and crime prevention (in line with VPF processes)
* Support the strengthening and implementation of VPF systems and processes, particularly in relation to case and data management, policies and governance and media engagement
* Contribute to reporting, day-to-day operations and other aspects of program management as requested by the Program Coordinator Policing
* Advocate for advancing gender equity within the VPF, including supporting the OICs of Crime Prevention and Family Protection Units to implement recommendations from the Evaluation of Women’s Participation in the VPF
* Work with the VPF Crime Prevention Unit to coordinate and drive community engagement activities, particularly in relation to crimes most affecting or women, children and youth
Capacity Development and Monitoring and Evaluation Duties
* Collaborate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team with the collective responsibility of achieving the program’s end of program outcomes by mutually reinforcing strategies developed by the program as well as participating in processes that facilitate this.
This will include:
* Commitment and support for the principles in the Justice and Community Services Capacity Development Strategy (as updated from time to time) including the application of the five levels of capacity development; applied work-place learning; and an express action-research approach
* Effective monitoring and evaluation of outcomes of all interventions implemented by the adviser in a way that contributes to the M&E and tracking of progress of the program as a whole.
* Policing experience with some being in a victim based crime role
* Proven experience in responding to and Investigating family/domestic/gender based violence cases
* Experience in general duties/community policing
* Experience in response to and the investigation of child protection matters including interviewing of vulnerable witnesses
* Experience in developing and implementing community engagement and crime prevention activities
* Proven mentoring skills
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and respectfully in a cross cultural setting
* Demonstrated ability to exercise sound professional judgment in sensitive situations
* Understanding of, and ability to implement, capacity development and skills transfer activities
* Understanding of police development issues
* Understanding of gender and development issues
* Previous experience working in developing countries and/or Melanesian culture (desirable)
* English fluency essential
* Bislama or willingness to learn and use in the workplace
Along with their CV (maximum 4 pages), interested applicants must submit a written response (maximum 2 pages) addressing their suitability for the role, with particular reference to how they meet the selection criteria in the Terms of Reference (please click here).
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.