Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) 7
Markets and Trade Analyst
Tetra Tech International Development Services (https://careers.tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Arlington, VA is a holder of the Famine Early Warning Systems (FEWS NET) 7 IDIQ contract. Tetra Tech is now accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join the Washington DC-based FEWS NET Pillar One – Emergency Food Security Analysis Team, to facilitate rapid start-up should USAID award this Task Order to Tetra Tech.
FEWS NET is a leading provider of food insecurity monitoring and early warning services that enable the US Government and its partners, including governments and national, regional, and international government and non-governmental organizations, to prepare for and respond to food security crises anywhere in the world. FEWS NET is headquartered in Washington DC and has 26 country and regional offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The objectives of activities implemented under Pillar One are to: (1) build the evidence base for food security analysis; (2) carry out emergency food security analysis and decision-support; and (3) strengthen networks and local systems to improve their capacity to contribute to and utilize FEWS NET analyses and reporting.
The Markets and Trade Analyst is a Washington-DC based position that sits within FEWS NET’s Technical Advisory Team to support the project’s capability to monitor livestock and staple food markets and trade and integrate markets and trade analyses into food security forecasts, early warning, and decision support.
* Provide technical contributions to FEWS NET’s markets and trade focused information products, including monthly price watches, annexes, and bulletins, the annual regional staple food supply and market outlooks, and other special reports;
* Routinely and upon request, provide technical review of and input into other FEWS NET information products, include food security outlook and outlook updates, key messages, monthly food security updates, alerts, and other reports;
* Support the Markets and Trade Advisor on the development and use of methods and tools to collect, analyze, and report on price, inventory, and trade data, and to incorporate this data and analysis into FEWS NET’s scenario development process;
* Provide contextual understanding of domestic and regional food markets in FEWS NET countries to inform USAID’s humanitarian response options for addressing food insecurity;
* Liaise with the Evidence, Data, and Innovation team and the data warehouse team to ensure that markets data is being collected and to review the data for accuracy and completeness;
* Conduct literature reviews, analyze data, and draft reports on market trends and policies; liaise with research institutions to support commodity market-related research;
* Report to the Senior Markets and Trade Advisor.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
* Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (economics, finance, statistics, agriculture, political science, social anthropology, natural resource management, etc.); Masters preferred;
* English required; Arabic, French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish preferred;
* At least three years’ experience in applied research and analysis of staple food markets, trade, and food security in developing countries and/or the design and implementation of programs that strengthen markets and internal or cross-border trade to alleviate food insecurity;
* Knowledge humanitarian assistance options for use in response to current or anticipated food insecurity;
* Academic or professional experience in FEWS NET countries (see www.fews.net) preferred.
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is an absolute requirement.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity;
* A current resume / CV in reverse chronological format;
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on line at: http://ow.ly/kJTa30oOOtA
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.