IMPAQI is currently seeking a Field Coordinator for a proposed USAID/Pakistan-funded Randomized Control Trial (RCT) addressing maternal, newborn and child health (MNCH) issues in Pakistan. The RCT will provide rigorous evidence to determine the effectiveness of telemedicine services to improve MNCH outcomes.
This consultant position has a period of performance expected to be between August 2021 to July 2023. The number of working days / Level of Effort (LOE) will be determined upon contract award. Please note that this position is contingent upon contract award.
· Serve as a key representative of IMPAQ in the field and interface/collaborate with other local partners on behalf of IMPAQ;
· Interface with implementing partners and data collection partner to conduct efficient and effective data collection activities;
· Lead in the coordination and scheduling with implementing partners, government officials, and other stakeholders;
· Plan and organize workshops and meetings with stakeholders;
· As able, s/he will meet with the project team regarding evaluation planning and implementation; participate in any other meetings with client and/or USAID, conduct document review, participate in the in-brief meeting with the project team, and support developing the Terms of Reference (TOR) and remote data collection tools;
· The Fieldwork Coordinator may be required to participate in preparation for and execution of a final evaluation workshop with project stakeholders to discuss the summary of findings, conclusions, and recommendations;
· Other duties as assigned.
· At minimum 3 years of experience coordinating and working on the implemention of donor-funded international development global public health-focused programming, with demonstrated experience working on USAID projects in Pakistan highly preferred;
· Proven experience leading and supervising complex field-based data collection activities, oftentimes in challenging conditions and contexts;
· Experience in design, administration, management and implementation of health programs in public, NGO and/or private sectors in developing countries or resource challenged settings preferred;
· Strong communications skills and ability to present information clearly in English both verbally and in writing;
· Ability to work well with multiple stakeholders;
· Fluency in speaking, reading, and writing both in English, Urdu. Ability to speak Saraki preferred;
· No conflict of interest;
· Master’s Degree in Economics, Public Health, Psychology, or a related social science field is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of development programming in Pakistan in the areas of MNCH, particularly as it relates to the critical social, cultural, and political context of rural South Punjab (villages in Rahim Yar Khan and Multan Districts);
- Familiarity with USAID monitoring and evaluation policies and procedures;
- Familiarity with the barriers and enabling environments for MNCH interventions in rural Pakistan;
- Knowledge or experience in crosscutting issues of capacity development, gender equity, access for underserved populations, and /or improving health systems desirable;
- Experience in the creation, implementation and dissemination of MNCH projects;
- Previous professional experience in Pakistan; Local candidates are preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel within Pakistan is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Organization
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ’s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
IMPAQ International adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
IMPAQ International is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
IMPAQ International’s commitment to Diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations and work environment. Diversity is valued and Inclusion is reflected in all efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to Morena Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443.259.5207.