POSITION TITLE: Field Coordinator, Papua
PROJECT: USAID Bersama – GBV Prevention Program in Eastern Indonesia
LOCATION: Jayapura, Papua, Indonesia
DEPARTMENT: Civil Society & Education
REPORTS TO: Senior Program Manager
The Field Coordinator will be responsible for managing the field officers and ensuring that program activities are harmonized in the field. This will require close cooperation with the two technical leads, Sr. Government Relations Coordinator and the operations team to ensure future proper planning and follow up with program activities. This will involve managing travel of Field Officers, helping them prioritize their weekly tasks, helping identify efficient ways to synergize activities to increase efficiency and strengthen relations with the government. The project is helping key government agencies plan and budget for GBV prevention and services, develop and roll out standard operating procedures around GBV, help the government establish and implement referral services, and strengthen coordination between government and civil society. The position will be based in Jayapura, Papua, with occasional travel to Jakarta and districts within Papua and West Papua. The position is contingent upon continuation of donor funding.
The Field Coordinator will oversee the overall implementation of project activities in Papua and West Papua. This will involve detailed planning, coordination with the Sr. Program Managers, Sr. Government Relations Coordinator and the Government Linkages Manager and managing up to five field officers. This will include overseeing: activity planning, meeting scheduling, follow up and data collecting. The project is working with provincial and district level government agencies to budget, plan and provide services for GBV victims and prevention. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead all province/district level activities.
- Work closely with the Government Linkages Manager and Sr. Program Manager to develop geography-specific capacity building plans and workplans to implement project activities.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and communication channels with relevant representatives at the provincial and district governments.
- Work with the technical team to develop monthly workplans and associated TORs and budgets for Field Officers
- In coordination with the operations team, support Field Officers to secure venues and make arrangements for project activities
- Monitor government agencies for change and progress in implementing.
- Work closely with M&E Team to provide means of verification and data.
- Ensure coordination with other projects, within the province and districts such as Kompak, Linkages and other relevant projects
- Contribute to results-based reporting and analysis of successes, failures and challenges
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Gender, Public Policy, Gender or relevant subject
- At least 5 years’ experience working with the government and capacity building
- Demonstrated experience successfully engaged in managing people
- Experience with working representatives of regional governments.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia
- Fluency in spoken and written English required.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Team Player
- Willingness to travel frequently in the project area.
- Experience and knowledge of Papuan and West Papuan communities.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.