The purpose of the Ethiopia Electronic Health Information System (e-HIS) project is to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) in strengthening and modernizing the national Health Information System of Ethiopia. The project will involve supporting the government of Ethiopia to develop and bring to scale priority electronic health information systems, instill a culture of data use, build capacity and governance for the improved HIS, and ensure integrated systems by fostering stakeholder collaboration
Under the leadership of the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), the Field Director will oversee the field operations of a USAID-funded project to strengthen national health information systems in Ethiopia, translating strategic direction into project outcome results at sub-national levels.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all field approaches are:
* In-line with the technical direction and oversight of the data demand and use, capacity building, governance, and health information system leads
* Are standardized across the regions and districts of Ethiopia
* Are expanded to incorporate county specific activities for regions with differentiated needs
* S/he will bridge the project sub-purposes, namely increasing leadership and management capacity of regional and district governments for effective adoption and implementation of electronic health information systems and increasing demand and use of quality data at sub-national levels.
Oversee and direct the work of all project technical and support staff in line with project strategic direction, including project finances, administration, logistics, training, planning, and coordinating of technical assistance to the sub-national level in Ethiopia including:
* Direct and manage of all project field staff and advisors, consultants and experts
* Coordinate contracting of local technical experts and provide support to contextualizing and adapting training materials
* Manage working relationships and day-to-day contact with sub-national governments, CSOs, donors, private sector and other stakeholders
* Assist with monitoring the progress of all technical assistance and grant support
* Coordinate technical assistance and training at sub-national levels
* Monitor and report on field conditions impacting project implementation
* Support the annual work planning process for field activities including the consolidation and approval of budgets
* Support project teams in field activities and oversee ongoing data collection and monitoring of project results
* Support finance officers and oversee and manage the project’s field budget
* Masters or Advanced Degree in management, administration, or relevant experience.
* At least ten (10) years of management experience working on complex, multi-stakeholder projects
* Experience managing multi-million-dollar development projects, preferably USAID-funded, in developing countries, health information systems and M&E related project experience preferred
* Excellent professional network at the regional and district levels of Ethiopia with ability to mobilize staff and diverse stakeholders in support of project goals
* Proven managerial and coordination skills, including managing high performing teams and multidisciplinary partnerships
* Demonstrated understanding of capacity development concepts and innovative approaches to developing capacity of sub-national stakeholders in M&E and HIS
* Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required)
* Excellent coordination, and information management skills
* The ability to work well under pressure and skilled in change management, crisis management, and problem solving
* Ability and willingness to travel frequently within Ethiopia and work under field conditions
* Fluency in Amharic and English required
* Only Ethiopian nationals need apply
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.