The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients’ return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.
The Field Epidemiology Training Program (FETP) Resident Advisor will serve as a Resident Advisor (RA) for the purpose of assisting CDC-Mozambique with strengthening host country capabilities to address public health surveillance and epidemiology-related priorities related to HIV and TB.
Within HIV and TB disease, specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the lead technical advisor for CDC-Mozambique to develop cadres of field epidemiologists who can practice evidence-based public health, outbreak detection and response, and strengthened national disease surveillance. As such, mentors national FETP program manager and other mid-level surveillance and epidemiologist staff at MoH and INS.
- Assist CDC-Mozambique in the design and implementation of applied epidemiological projects aimed at developing more effective public health interventions related to HIV and TB.
- Provide guidance and support to CDC-Mozambique in the implementation of basic and intermediate level programs focused on building surveillance, epidemiological, and outbreak response capacity with a view of overall systems strengthening.
- Provide course instruction, individual mentorship to program participants, mentors, and supervisors, and expert advice on epidemiology, surveillance, and outbreak response as needed.
- Strengthen public health workforce capacity to effectively use science-based information for decision making by designing training programs that build competencies that lead to effective public health interventions using data and science.
- Provide oversight of trainees’ field activities, including outbreak investigations, surveillance system evaluations, etc.
- Review all projects and work conducted by FETP trainees for scientific quality and appropriateness and ensure that all projects receive appropriate ethical approvals and CDC clearances.
- Assist FETP trainees in preparing written and oral scientific presentations/publications.
- Assist CDC Mozambique with the selection of FETP trainees. This includes working with MoH to implement guidelines for selection and placement of FETP trainees and identification of appropriate assignments and supervision.
- Assist with the training of FETP graduates to become mentors/supervisors for future FETP trainees.
- Conduct or assist with routine review of the program and of the work conducted by FETP trainees.
- Provide written communication, program data, budget data, and fact sheets or success stories about the FETP routinely and as-requested within deadlines requested.
- Participate in the CDC Mozambique team meetings or working groups, and other working groups or committees as needed and provide information, advice, and guidance as related to the FETP program.
- Proactively identifies to senior CDC-Mozambique any problems or issues beyond the ability of the incumbent to resolve, along with suggestions for resolution.
- In-country travel as necessary.
How to Apply
- Education: Master’s degree in public health or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 5-years’ experience in Strategic Information (M&E, surveillance, etc).
- Experience in field-based epidemiology and outbreak response recommended.
- Language: Fluency in writing, speaking, and reading of English and Portuguese (Level III) is required.
To apply for this position please follow these steps:
1 Complete the online application
2 Attach your resume
3 Click on the link Biodata AID1420-17 complete and attached to your application.
4 Submit your application, resume and biodata.
Please note that applications submitted by other means; or without resume and/or biodata will not be considered.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The QED Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. AA//V/D.
About the OrganizationThe QED Group, LLC is a full-service consulting firm that provides practical solutions to social problems through sound analysis, proven management techniques, and creative implementation. We strive to use rigorous and proven methods to provide solutions to problems facing businesses and government. We are client-oriented and aim to provide total client satisfaction on every project.
QED is on the General Services Administration's (GSA) Management, Organizational, and Business Improvement Services (MOBIS), Authorized Federal Supply Service Schedule Price List. This procurement vehicle allows QED to provide the highest caliber services, while making it easier for interested U.S. Government Agencies to make procurement decisions. Our GSA Contract Number is GS-10F-0405M and our Federal Supply Group is 874, Class R499. We offer the following services under GSA/MOBIS: Special Item Number 874-1: Consulting Services, Special Item Number 874-2: Facilitation Services, Special Item Number 874-3: Survey Services, and Special Item Number-4: Training Services. We are set up to accept credit card payments.
To provide excellence in our work and to encourage professionalism with passion.
To develop innovative and effective solutions that foster efficiency.
To provide solutions that encourage knowledge sharing and build partnerships across the public and private sectors.
To provide a work environment that attracts, excites, and nurtures a diverse and committed staff with exceptional skills that knows how to listen and learn.
Client-centered, partnership-building, team-oriented, accountability for quality results, dedication to financial integrity and cost effectiveness, inspired and innovative, empowerment of others and respect for diversity, personal honesty, and promotion of a lifework balance.