The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative seeks a Field Financial Manager for its Colombia office to help manage ABA ROLI’s program in Colombia.
The Field Financial Manager shall provide financial and administrative management support to ABA ROLI’s office in Colombia. These duties will involve frequent interaction and coordination with U.S.-based grants managers and finance staff. Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Having primary responsibility for the handling of office funds, including bank accounts and petty cash;
- Assists the Country Director and Program Officer with the financial administration and discharge of budgetary and accounting operations;
- Ensures timely payment of office costs and local staff salaries;
Reporting and compliance:
- Tracks expenditures against approved budgets for projects.
- Conducts monthly cash forecasting to ABA ROLI’s U.S.-based offices;
- Prepares detailed monthly expense reports in QuickBooks;
- Conducts and submits monthly bank and cash reconciliations to ABA ROLI’s U.S.-based offices;
- Coordinates and liaises with U.S.-based grants managers, finance staff, and program staff;
- Administers procurement standards as established by ABA ROLI;
- Ensures compliance with donor and ABA financial management and reporting requirements;
- Develops and maintains up-to-date financial records and vendor and consultant records;
- Maintains files of all contracts, agreements, and supporting documents;
- Maintains files of and reports on local staff recruitment, training, and termination;
- Maintains inventory and property lists;
- Serves as a point of contact for ABA ROLI’s local partners in Colombia on financial matters;
- Routes technical questions from ABA ROLI’s local partners in Colombia to the appropriate ABA ROLI personnel in the field or Washington, D.C.;
New business development:
- Assists and advises on prераration of programmatic budgets, including budget narratives;
- Coordinates logistics for training workshops in Colombia;
- Makes vendor and consultant payments in a timely fashion; and
- Provides additional support as needed.
- University degree in accounting, finance, or related field;
- Intermediate computer skills;
- Professional fluency in Spanish (oral and written);
- Intermediate to advanced language skills in English; and
- Strong interpersonal skills, and oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in financial management of U.S. government-funded programs;
- Experience with financial management software and accounting spreadsheets, including QuickBooks and Excel; and
- Experience working in a professional setting with individuals from varied cultural backgrounds.
The Field Financial Manager must also be organized, detail-oriented, ethical, responsible, trustworthy, a team player, and discrete when working with confidential documents and information.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter to: Gregory.Taylor@americanbar.org
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.