FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Field Operations Director for an anticipated USAID/Jordan Enterprise Support Activity (JESA). The purpose of JESA is to support private sector-led economic growth for Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) through fostering an enabling environment, strengthening value chains, supporting access to finance and increasing firm productivity.
The Field Operations Director is a senior management team member who supports the Chief of Party in ensuring compliance, efficiency, and coordination among technical and operational teams. S/he oversees the day-to-day field operations and coordinates extensively with USAID and FHI 360 headquarters.
The position will be resident-based in Amman, Jordan. Employment is contingent upon successful award of the JESA project to FHI 360, as well as USAID approval of the finalist.
- Responsible for overall implementation of field operations and compliance with USAID rules and regulations
- In collaboration with the technical team, ensures high-quality technical support that is aligned with the project’s goals and objectives
- Responsible for nurturing and developing relationships with field-level stakeholders and beneficiaries
- In collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning team, ensures appropriate data collection and quality assurance at the field level
- In collaboration with the Director of Finance, ensures compliance with financial and budgetary processes
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent (Master’s degree preferred) in business management, international development, or a related field
- Must have at least eight years of experience in managing USAID or donor-funded programs of over $10 million USD
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate closely with home office operational support
- Strong diagnostic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent report writing and analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated task management capabilities; experience managing a complex workload
- Must be a strong self-starter
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills; demonstrates initiative and good judgment
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.