With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager for an upcoming project implementing the Field Support Services Project (FSSP) for Global Affairs Canada’s (GAC) Indonesia bilateral development program and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) regional development program. The project will be responsible for providing a range of services in support of the implementation of GAC’s international assistance programming in Indonesia and in the ASEAN region, and in support of Indonesian a and ASEAN development stakeholders. These services include, but are not limited to the provision of administrative, financial, procurement, logistical and Support to Local Development Initiatives for GAC projects/programs delivery.
Candidates must be fluent in English and Bahasa Indonesia. The Project Manager will be based in Indonesia for a term of 5 years, providing senior-level managerial services and advice on project matters. This posting is best suited for individuals already based in Southeast Asia.
- A Postgraduate degree in political science, law, international development, economics, finance, business administration, project management, social sciences, engineering, applied sciences, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated cumulative experience managing large and complex (1 million+, 1+ years) international development projects, preference for projects in ASEAN member states; and,
- Demonstrated experience working with different types of International Development Assistance Stakeholder(s).
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills (speaking, writing and oral) in English and Bahasa Indonesia;
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills;
- Experience monitoring and reporting on international development projects; and,
- Experience with project financial management and oversight.
- This position is based in Indonesia.
The Project Manager responsible will include the following:
- Ensuring overall quality and management of all services, including from the Technical Specialists and the local development initiatives, offered by the FSSP and ensuring the quality of services provided by the FSSP meets the needs and expectations of GAC;
- Overseeing the development of all key FSSP documents, including Procurement Plan as part of the IWP and AWP and the Operating Procedures Manual as well as the local development initiatives documents (work plan, reports, etc.);
- Reviewing and approving FSSP budgets and Financial Reports;
- Supervising administrative, financial, procurement and logistics management services provided under the project, including for local development initiatives;
- Coordinating Support to Local Development Initiatives, as required;
- Managing and supervising FSSP Personnel;
- Supervising the management and quality of the reporting and invoicing for services rendered;
- Developing and maintaining networks of key stakeholders (multilateral organizations, particularly the ASEAN Secretariat system, local or national governments, civil society organizations, donors, research institutions and think tanks, private sector including social/inclusive businesses and philanthropists/foundations);
- Overseeing procurement services of goods and services, including but not limited to procurement of Technical Specialists through local and international competitive processes;
- Ensuring the effective management and internal monitoring of project progress and results, including dealing with project issues and problems as they arise;
- Providing to GAC strategic advice and support to achieve the desired development results; and,
- Providing any other related services, as required.
Thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.