International Medical Corps is responding to the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak in DRC.
Currently, IMC has three active projects:
- The Ebola treatment unit in Makeke, Ituri province funded by OFDA through WHO.
- The WHO project supporting Infection prevention and control(IPC) actions, the construction of screening and referral units, the training of staffs and prepositioning of IPC Supplies in Beni and Butembo.
- The OFDA project supporting the IPC, WASH, community engagement and contact tracing.
The Field Site Coordinator will supervise the operational support activities primarily in Butembo. Supervision of all Logistics, HR, and Finance activities, as well as supporting the timely implementation of program activities in close coordination with Program Directors/Managers and other Department Heads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
• Work with department and program leads to ensure effective and timely support to the implementation of program activities • Support the writing and compilation of monthly and quarterly reports and donor reports, ensuring statistics are correct and on time • Support M&E Coordinator with the day-to-day implementation of the reporting system to monitor and evaluate the objectives • Contribute to production of proposals for new projects • Support Program Managers with procurement planning • Ensure all facilities in the field are well maintained and equipped • Support the writing and compilation of program and donor reports and assist with development of future programs as needed • Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
• Acts as the liaison to local officials and other NGO officials in their area. • Ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the NGO community. • Represent IMC at weekly/monthly coordination meetings and donor meetings and feed back information to the capitol office, represent field site at capitol level internal meetings, on occasion also external meetings when needed. • Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors.
Human Resources Management
• Support as needed in the selection of qualified program staff and recommend promotions, disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with the Program Coordinators, Country Director and Finance Director. • Provide line management for Bong Butembo Logistics, HR, and Finance. • Assist in the development and provision of orientations for newly arrived staff to the field site. • Ensure compliance to local labor laws including working hours • Ensure implementation of administrative and human resource policies and procedures. • Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff.
Training/ Capacity Building
• Support the Program Coordinators/Managers with identifying training needs for field staff. • Advocate and plan for professional development for subordinate staff.
• Maintain frequent communication with the CD and Program Coordinators to ensure program activities and objectives are communicated. • Provide leadership in taking a constructive team approach to solving problems. • Responsible for and work to improve overall team atmosphere and team building relationships.
• Oversee security management for programs at site. • Manage staff activities and movements. • Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- University degree in International Development, Public Health and/or in a relevant field of study
- Experience in management, logistics and security of which at least one year in developing countries or resource deprived environment
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors,UN agencies, and other NGOs
- Profound cross-cultural awareness and insight into health care issues
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
- Excellent decision making skills
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language
- Fluency in French is essential
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report. International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.?
About the Organization
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.