Location: DRC, Bukavu
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
People in Need (PIN)is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in over 20 countries worldwide. PIN draws on extensive past experiences and lessons learned across development, emergency and post emergency contexts to design, implement and monitor quality programming. Active in DR Congo since 2008, PIN DRC is considered one of the main actors in the nutrition sector in South Kivu province. PIN DRC focuses our work on three thematic areas Community Resilience & Sustainability, Response to humanitarian crises, Good Governance & Civil Society. Key current and past donors include UN Humanitarian Fund , UNICEF, FAO, ECHO.
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the Finance, Admin and HR Manager is responsible for mission economy, mission’s compliance with PIN and donors Financial, Admin and HR procedures and policies. Finance and HR Manager directly manages finance, admin and HR team and continuously works on its capacity building. S/he also directly leads the process of the development and capacity building of national staff across the departments.
- Responsibility for overall country program economy (preparation of operational budget and its regular update, proper budgeting, cash flow and cost efficiency monitoring, FX rate risk, etc.)
- Ensuring that PIN accounting practices, financial procedures and processes are in place
- Supervision of the compliance of the processes and documentation with the local legal and administrative measures, with donors’ regulations and PIN internal rules
- Responsibility for the financial and project reporting to the donors and HQ
- Overall responsibility for accurate, punctual and complete accounting data
- Local team management (approx. 5 national staff) and its continuous capacity building based on personal development plans
- Working closely with other head of departments on development of the capacity building plans for the whole national team and supervision of its fulfilment
- Working closely with Program teams on project financial management and other related financial issues
- Supervision, coordination and overseeing of HR agendas
- Responsibility for correct use of financial/administrative management systems and provision of training and support to all staff
- Key role in annual and project audits
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Public Administration, Law, or a related discipline
- Experience with finance management of international donors
- Advanced level of English and French is required
- Experience with team management and supervision is an advantage
- Experience with managing administration and implementing HR agendas would be welcomed
- Ability to organize and plan effectively
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Responsible and systematic
- Knowledge of principles of double-entry accounting
- IT literacy, advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Cultural sensitivity, experience with development projects/international work experience is strongly welcome
- Great communication skills
- Environment of well-established and growing organization
- Salary according to PIN salary scale, start-up salary 3 000 – 3 500 EUR per month based on candidate’s experience (before taxation, per diems included)
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- 4 days of R&R per year divided in two R&R leaves and travel allowance
- Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of completed work
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure
- Free medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel health insurance for war zone
- Accommodation in PIN guesthouse on PIN expenses
- Introduction and training in Prague
How to Apply:
Kindly send us your CV (no more than 4 pages) and short cover letter.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout the 25 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectivity both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe.