Job DescriptionUniversity Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global professional organization dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/). Project Overview:
USAID Recovery Within our Reach project: Community-Based Drug Treatment and Recovery (CBDTR) Services in the Philippines is a five (5) year project from May 2019 to May 2024. The primary objective of the project is to help persons who use drugs (PWUDs), people in recovery, and their families obtain access to informal care, self-help or community-based treatment and recovery support to reduce or prevent drug dependence. By the end of the project, more communities will be able to provide evidence-based approaches to CBDTR services that Filipino PWUDs and their families can access without fear or prejudice. Position Overview:
The Finance & Admin Director will provide overall operational support to the project team. Responsible for all financial and administrative functions of the project, including the management of accounting and financial transactions, URC required monthly/bi-monthly financial reporting, and management of daily project administration. S/he will lead the development of administrative and operations management systems and processes required to maintain project implementation and will guarantee that these processes are in compliance with URC internal policies and USAID policies and regulations. The Finance & Admin Director will assist in the development of project budgets and will oversee procurement processes. Job Description:
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Ensure compliance with URC and USAID rules, regulations and policies.
- Establish (where appropriate) and maintain a standard financial operating procedure.
- Conduct proper financial planning, expenditure tracking and audit of financial resources.
- Organize and oversee project cash management processes, including liquidity management, budgeting of cash projections, risk assessment and mitigation, bank relationship management, timely accounting and reconciliation of all transactions and the security of cash assets on site.
- Supervise the Finance and Administrative Team
- Oversee HR functions; Ensure compliance with corporate human resource policies; review staff contracts and contract extensions; and
- Serve as the primary liaison with URC HQ.
- A college degree or higher, in Finance, Accounting, Business or other Management-related degree;
- Minimum of ten (8) years of professional experience in the areas of finance, accounting, operations management and/or contract management;
- Proficiency in Quick Books Program;
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated capacity to manage financial systems and procedures of projects valued at least $10 million or more;
- Experience and knowledge of USAID or other international donor policies and procedures and management of donor funding and projects;
- Strong organizational, financial reporting, management and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to manage multiple competing priorities;
- Demonstrated integrity and fidelity;
- Advanced computer skills; knowledgeable in accounting software, MS Windows, Excel, and Word; and
- Fluency in oral and written English.
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.