Venture37 seeks a Finance and Administration Manager for an anticipated USAID Zimbabwe Integrated Food Security and Resilience Activity. The new Feed the Future (FtF) Zimbabwe activity will continue to support the successful commercialization of small-scale crop and livestock farmers and will focus on providing capacity building and technical assistance to reduce rural poverty and improve household food security, livelihoods, incomes, and nutritional status for small-scale, commercially viable, crop and livestock households. Activities will focus on low income and food insecure households with the potential to move from subsistence to small-scale commercial farming.
The Finance and Administration Manager will provide strong accounting and financial oversight discipline for the program and in country staff. This position assists and supports the Chief of Party in all accounting and financial reporting activities, while providing support to the program team surrounding all financial and administrative issues. The Finance and Administration Manager reports to the Chief of Party and may directly supervise staff. The position will be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
- Responsible for the functions of finance and accounting, human resources, and other administrative duties;
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all accounting entries using Venture37 accounting platform and standard finance and accounting procedures;
- Work with the headquarters-based staff to ensure timely responses to all finance concerns and to review expenditures relating to all accounting documents for accuracy and consistency with Venture37 financial and operational policies, donor regulations and program guidelines;
- Manage project expenses and maintain a strong internal control environment to safeguard assets. Ensure proper support and documentation exists to support program expenses and to support both internal and external auditing processes;
- Assist other program staff to prepare, revise and monitor budgets for their ongoing activities;
- Reconcile and report on all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis;
- Adhere to Venture37 procurement policies for purchasing supplies, equipment, and service;
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly reports as required by Venture37 and the donor;
- Maintain all HR files, administer benefits and manage all human resources for program staff.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or other relevant area.
- ACCA/CPA qualifications helpful but not required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a senior accounting role.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume work flow with minimal supervision and able to meet deadlines.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications within MS Office).
- Detail oriented, proactive and flexible.
- Experience with USAID programming helpful.
- Knowledge of Zimbabwean labor and tax laws and reporting procedures helpful.
The position described above is contingent upon activity award.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes never requests money or payment from candidates for any position type. Please report any such requests to Land O’Lakes.
About the Organization
Since 1981, Land O’Lakes Venture37 has applied an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on Land O'Lakes, Inc.'s nearly 100 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness. We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty. We believe in the value of people and ensuring our work is rooted in honesty, integrity and respect.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, our vision is to be a global leader in transforming lives by engaging in agriculture and enterprise partnerships that replace poverty with prosperity, and dependency with self-reliance. Since our inception, we have implemented nearly 300 programs and training initiatives in over 80 countries, which have enabled farmers and agribusinesses to become more profitable and to leverage economies of scale through well-functioning cooperatives and producer groups.